2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
It's telling that the Thibodeau rumors have been sparse since his firing in Chicago.

Borrowing from hockey, I think he ends up going the Mike Keenan route of bouncing from team to team every few years because he either burns the players or management out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
Borrowing from hockey, I think he ends up going the Mike Keenan route of bouncing from team to team every few years because he either burns the players or management out.

The funny thing is, Thibs would be an excellent assistant under a guy like Hoiberg. He's a savant at X's and O's. He's terrible at locker room type things.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
The funny thing is, Thibs would be an excellent assistant under a guy like Hoiberg. He's a savant at X's and O's. He's terrible at locker room type things.

Thibs would be a great coach if he didn't have to deal with people.

This is exactly what happened last time in Cleveland. LeBron gets to be best player, GM and coach.

They could have had Wiggins instead of Love, but now they have two power forwards signed to max deals they aren't living up to, Shump signed for good money and Smith just...there.

Watch them fall short again and LeBron bolt again.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)

He seemed to be fine with the locker room, it was the front office that he was extremely bad with. Players play hard for him

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
This is exactly what happened last time in Cleveland. LeBron gets to be best player, GM and coach.

They could have had Wiggins instead of Love, but now they have two power forwards signed to max deals they aren't living up to, Shump signed for good money and Smith just...there.

Last time they kept the coach and LeBron left.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
He seemed to be fine with the locker room, it was the front office that he was extremely bad with. Players play hard for him

The Rose/Butler rift was as bad if not worse under Thibs. Butler is just so petty.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
It's telling that the Thibodeau rumors have been sparse since his firing in Chicago.

I don't think so. Thibs isn't going to interview just anywhere. I'm pretty convinced he'll be the next Lakers coach.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
The Rose/Butler rift was as bad if not worse under Thibs. Butler is just so petty.

It's hard for me to lay a beef between two players at thibs feet. By all accounts Blatt had zero respect in the locker room, players openly defied him and Lebron free lanced whenever he wanted to. Thibs never had anything like that happen that I can recall

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
I don't think so. Thibs isn't going to interview just anywhere. I'm pretty convinced he'll be the next Lakers coach.

Yup.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
Thibs is a great coach people.

Yup.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
Yes, Thibs locker room was such a mess compared to Hoiberg's.

Honestly it has been remarkable how similar the two teams have been so far. I mean this group scores more than last year, but we saw so many games last year where the Bulls played down to bad teams, and up to good teams, along with funky locker room crap. I have no idea what Hoiberg is supposed to be so far.

I just don't want Thibs to coach this year.

He needed a break for his own health - I hope he's gone on some dates.

Cause this always makes me sad.

Thibodeau was engaged once. He was in graduate school, an assistant at his alma mater, Salem State. Her name was Debbie, one of two Debbies that college teammates said he dated simultaneously, D1 and D2 at first for short.

They canceled the wedding about six weeks out, and Thibodeau’s mother made him return what gifts the couple had received. Reasons for the engagement’s end varied, but John Galaris, Thibodeau’s boss and the athletic director at Salem State, said Thibodeau told him, “There’s no room in my life for a woman if I’m going to be a basketball coach.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/sports/b...-thibodeau.html

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 04:58 PM)
Honestly it has been remarkable how similar the two teams have been so far. I mean this group scores more than last year, but we saw so many games last year where the Bulls played down to bad teams, and up to good teams, along with funky locker room crap. I have no idea what Hoiberg is supposed to be so far.

This team is worse offensively than last year's team.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)

He's going to have a ton of opportunities. I don't think the Lakers are his best choice though. I would really like to see him in Minnesota.

It also depends on if he wants to be in charge of personnel like Stan Van Gundy. The guy is that good of a coach that he could hold out for an offer like that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)

They don't know how to control LeBron. Riley called the shots in Miami, but here no one can check him. That team is so much better with Wiggins on the wing and the cash flexibility that entry deal would give them than Kevin Love not being able to dominate the ball and just being a rebounding 3 point chucker who can't play without the ball.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
They don't know how to control LeBron. Riley called the shots in Miami, but here no one can check him. That team is so much better with Wiggins on the wing and the cash flexibility that entry deal would give them than Kevin Love not being able to dominate the ball and just being a rebounding 3 point chucker who can't play without the ball.

Which is how LeBron wants it, and why he structured his deals like he did.

David Griffin live on ESPN right now.

"LeBron doesn't run this team, he is about this team."

"This notion that LeBron runs this team is unfair to him and unfair to me."

"I know what something that doesn't look right looks like. It may be the wrong decision."

Apparently he didn't consult LeBron.

Riiiiight.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
David Griffin live on ESPN right now.

"LeBron doesn't run this team, he is about this team."

"This notion that LeBron runs this team is unfair to him and unfair to me."

"I know what something that doesn't look right looks like. It may be the wrong decision."

Apparently he didn't consult LeBron.

Riiiiight.

Everyone knows its a lie. You fired the best coach in your history because your star didnt like him, we get it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
Lue has been rumored to take over since last years Blatt rumors. He is Lebrons boy

he's the one that stopped Blatt from calling a timeout when they were out of timeouts in the playoffs against the Bulls

and they were goofing on Blatt when he wanted Lebron to inbound the ball on the final play

seemed like a weird hire that never meshed with the team, despite their record

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz