2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Bulls have only outscored their opponents by 16 pts on the season. So basically through 42 games they have played like a .500 team. The offense is still bad and they are basically all high ball screens and iso play right now with no ball movement at all and no one besides Butler, Rose and Gasol is involved in the offense. Rose has made jumpers the last two games which is nice but he isn't creating any offense for anyone else on the floor at all and him and Butler don't work together well at all on offense.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
http://www.coachesclipboard.net/HoibergTra...DragScreen.html

Basically, the personnel on this team isn't right. GarPax have committed to changing the team by hiring Hoiberg.

OK

I am calling bulls***.

Don't tell me how competent Gar/Pax are when they hire Hoiberg and don't make one move to get the correct personnel for his system.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
OK

I am calling bulls***.

Don't tell me how competent Gar/Pax are when they hire Hoiberg and don't make one move to get the correct personnel for his system.

Yeah, the NBA doesn't work that way. It's not like baseball, where you have an excess of pieces you can move across multiple levels. NBA teams have 12 guys. The Bulls have very little in terms of desirable pieces. In fact, I would argue the only tradeable piece the Bulls have is Gasol.

The Bulls would arguably have to draft Hoiberg system players in concert with trading what they can. Right now they have nothing tradable.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)
Yeah, the NBA doesn't work that way. It's not like baseball, where you have an excess of pieces you can move across multiple levels. NBA teams have 12 guys. The Bulls have very little in terms of desirable pieces. In fact, I would argue the only tradeable piece the Bulls have is Gasol.

Well that's Garpax's fault to begin with.

The Bulls would arguably have to draft Hoiberg system players in concert with trading what they can. Right now they have nothing tradable.

Please I know how the NBA works. The Bulls weren't throwing this season away. The only guy on last year's roster who isn't here this year is Nazr. They had a few opportunities to bring in different players. A good coach adjusts to his personnel. Not the other way around.

Why can't they trade Gasol? They aren't winning a title this year and he is opting out anyway?

Edited by Dick Allen

The thing is they brought Hoiberg in because he was supposed to work well with this specific team. That was the talk, thibs was The problem and Hoiberg was the fix. Now the players don't fit? Come on now

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)

So what players does Hoiberg need to succeed?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 07:36 PM)
The thing is they brought Hoiberg in because he was supposed to work well with this specific team. That was the talk, thibs was The problem and Hoiberg was the fix. Now the players don't fit? Come on now

Yet I still see people whine about Thibs. If one thing hasn't become crystal clear, it is that Thibs was legit. f***ing irritates me that we dumped Thibs. That said, maybe Holberg will learn (NBA is a lot different than college) but I just don't see him having the personality to push this and we don't have a rockstar coaching staff. That said, I have never felt Doc is a great coach and is more of the personality guy but when he surrounded himself with elite assistants, the combo of his personality and ability to get people to get along, to go with having the right people (and obviously having talented rosters) did allow him to win a title.

Maybe Holberg can do that too. Hell if I know. I just know Niko is awful. I would really try and build a 3 team trade around Niko / Gasol / picks / others with the Kings and someone else for Boogie.

By the way, biggest issue with this team is the fact that the young players have gotten significantly worse. Is that an issue with Hoiberg being too melo. Niko and Snell have taken steaming s***s this year (Doug has been better...but that probably happens anyway given his injury last year). I always felt the biggest misconception on Thibs was that he didn't develop people...in fact, I always felt it was one of his biggest strength's (his ability to develop young players). His attention to detail ensured the young players had to be so focused and were so damn prepared to be in the right spots / know there roles.

Bright side is that Butler is very good and Rose is starting to play really good. To be honest, if Rose keeps this ascent, long term, this makes things a s***load easier (despite the laying of the egg by the young players). Rose clearly needs to figure out how to be good at scoring and making others better though but this is a process and since that mask came off (and even more the past two weeks), he's been an entirely different player (for the positive). Problem is, as his offensive game has taken off (scoring / efficiency perspective), his turnovers / passing has gone to pure s***.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 23, 2016 -> 12:07 AM)
God I can't wait until Monday. I don't think I've ever been as hype for a regular season game as I will be for this one.

I think most people, including me, feel this way. I can definitely see Pops benching people for it though, which would kind of be hilarious.