2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 23, 2016 -> 09:07 PM)
Bulls look surprisingly good. Hope Dunleavy comes back soon. Snell has been awful.

I wouldn't expect anything out of Dunleavy. A 35 year old who has missed this much time coming off back surgery isn't likely to contribute much.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 23, 2016 -> 07:52 PM)
Lol at Mark Jackson calling that good straight up defense by Tony Snell. I'll take the no call but that is clearly a foul.

Lebron stuck his arm out too, I thought it was a good no call

I remember when they lost to Brooklyn at home a few weeks back, and credit to Hoiberg and Bulls they've certainly turned it around since then.

Looks like starting Gibson at PF has definitely helped, just gives them a bit of extra defense / toughness at the 4 spot, and then Mirotic can come off the bench and concentrate on scoring against the 2nd unit which is probably more his go currently.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 23, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
Taj was a man tonight.

He played well and Pau was a stud. Cleveland is such a weird team to watch. Made the finals last year and have a great record but they have been together for over a year now and while they have stretches where they look awesome there are also a lot of stretches where they look really confused on offense and defense and they just get by on pure talent. I don't think it is all on Blatt at all but I really have no clue what they want to do on offense and while they have some guys who will never be great defenders a good defensive coach can get plenty out of Love and Irving. Thibs would be a great fit there from just a coaching acumen standpoint but I don't think the personalities there would ever allow for it. It will be interesting to see if Lue can get anything more out of them because while they are very good right now they have zero chance against the Spurs or Warriors.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 23, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)
I remember when they lost to Brooklyn at home a few weeks back, and credit to Hoiberg and Bulls they've certainly turned it around since then.

Nah, they had lost 6 of 8 entering this game. They're still a mess.

I admittedly was at a bar and want paying attention to the game, and also haven't watched in a few weeks. I saw one Taj jump shot, and have to ask, is he finally back to shooting more 10-15 footers? There was a time where he had that shot on point and then seemed to abandon it and become a black hole in the paint.

Also when the hell is Dunleavy coming back?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 01:46 AM)
I admittedly was at a bar and want paying attention to the game, and also haven't watched in a few weeks. I saw one Taj jump shot, and have to ask, is he finally back to shooting more 10-15 footers? There was a time where he had that shot on point and then seemed to abandon it and become a black hole in the paint.

Also when the hell is Dunleavy coming back?

Dunleavy's had several setbacks/flareups in his back. Supposedly did some non-contact practices this week. Barring further setbacks, at this pace, maybe right around the AS Break?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 23, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
Nah, they had lost 6 of 8 entering this game. They're still a mess.

Yeah I actually meant how they went on a winning streak after that game, but as you've said they haven't done too well lately before last night.