2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I think people are going to take too much away from this one game but the one thing that is clear is that the Warriors will have more room for error when these teams play in the playoffs. The Warriors are capable of beating the Spurs when they aren't playing their best but the reverse is definitely not true.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
Spurs getting run off the floor right now. Steph on fire tonight and the Spurs aren't sharp. Not a good combo.

Youth, speed, length and athleticism. The Warriors have the advantage in all four. I mean you already knew that coming in. But damn. It's just painfully obvious. Also, Tony Parker, at almost 34 years old and 15 years in the league, cannot guard steph. I mean at all. And you can't have KL chasing him around for 35-40 minutes.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)
So I think people are going to take too much away from this one game but the one thing that is clear is that the Warriors will have more room for error when these teams play in the playoffs. The Warriors are capable of beating the Spurs when they aren't playing their best but the reverse is definitely not true.

Yeah, obviously the Spurs didn't want to get blown out or anything, but I doubt they wanted to give up too much scheme wise and stuff. The game also tends to slow down in the playoffs. The Warriors could win all four regular seasons games by 40 and I would still expect the playoff series to go 6 per 7 barring injuries.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
They consistently play good D and they are consistently bad on offense. There is no real conundrum.

Losing to subpar opponents yet kicking the teeth in of the elite ones sans GSW.

Yeah I would say that's a conundrum.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
So apparently Blake Griffin got in a fight with an equipment staffer and broke his right hand as a result. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14651663...equipment-staff

I remember when Shaq said Blake Griffin is soft. Well, that's one way to punch someone in the face and still get called... soft.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
I remember when Shaq said Blake Griffin is soft. Well, that's one way to punch someone in the face and still get called... soft.

Shaq has said a lot of people are soft. Remember the Andrew Bynum versus Dwight Howard fiasco?

That was downright embarrassing for Shaq.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
Shaq has said a lot of people are soft. Remember the Andrew Bynum versus Dwight Howard fiasco?

That was downright embarrassing for Shaq.

Ha yea I don't agree with everything Shaq says. He a fun guy but strikes me as bitter sometimes.

But as physically intimidating as Blake is, he never struck me as a tough guy. Guys like Zach Randolph, Nick Collison, Perkins, and Psycho T aren't the physical specimen that Blake is, but I would consider them to be a lot tougher than Blake.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 27, 2016 -> 11:39 AM)
Obviously this is for pure discussion, but interesting none the less.

https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/692386136505847808

Interesting in that the salaries match up? That would be a remarkably stupid trade for the Clippers and even if they decided they wanted to be done with Griffin they would do way better in a trade than that.

David Schuster

10 mins ·

From the Bulls

Bulls forward Nikola Mirotić was diagnosed with an acute appendicitis. An appendectomy was performed earlier today at Rush University Medical Center and went as expected. As a result, Mirotić did not accompany the team on its trip to Los Angeles this afternoon.

He is expected to return after the All Star Break.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 27, 2016 -> 05:19 PM)
David Schuster

10 mins ·

From the Bulls

Bulls forward Nikola Mirotić was diagnosed with an acute appendicitis. An appendectomy was performed earlier today at Rush University Medical Center and went as expected. As a result, Mirotić did not accompany the team on its trip to Los Angeles this afternoon.

He is expected to return after the All Star Break.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 2h2 hours ago

Mirotic will miss at least 8 games. Can see Bulls playing small at times with McDermott at PF. Man, do Bulls miss Dunleavy.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 2h2 hours ago

Bulls list E'Twaun Moore as questionable and Derrick Rose as probable for Lakers game.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 07:52 AM)
It's too bad GarPax blew up Niko's appendix.

What?

I think what is shows is the Bulls roster is full of guys who keep getting hurt. The theory that they kept getting hurt because Thibs played them too much was garbage, and now it shows.