2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
What?

I think what is shows is the Bulls roster is full of guys who keep getting hurt. The theory that they kept getting hurt because Thibs played them too much was garbage, and now it shows.

You're trolling, right? Appendicitis isn't something the team can control...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
What?

I think what is shows is the Bulls roster is full of guys who keep getting hurt. The theory that they kept getting hurt because Thibs played them too much was garbage, and now it shows.

Appendicitis is not "an injury". There's nothing a coach can do to prevent that.

Also, tell us more about your fantasy land where minutes from previous seasons have no effect on current performance.

We'll wait.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
Appendicitis is not "an injury". There's nothing a coach can do to prevent that.

Also, tell us more about your fantasy land where minutes from previous seasons have no effect on current performance.

We'll wait.

Phil Jackson rode Jordan and Pippen harder than Thibs ever ran anyone. Check out Tim Duncan's minutes early in his career. No need to wait. Gar/Pax rules. The reason the team doesn't win championships is because of the coaches THEY HIRE. That is clearly not their fault.

And before you tell me I don't know how the NBA runs, I do. I know it's not like baseball. Making the playoffs and losing in the first couple of rounds, even if you do it 10 years in a row, isn't so special in the NBA.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
Phil Jackson rode Jordan and Pippen harder than Thibs ever ran anyone. Check out Tim Duncan's minutes early in his career. No need to wait. Gar/Pax rules. The reason the team doesn't win championships is because of the coaches THEY HIRE. That is clearly not their fault.

I agree with everything you said, but I disagree with you thinking that Mirotic's appendicitis is due to this... appendicitis is not an injury sustained via physical activity like a torn ACL or a sore hamstring

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
I agree with everything you said, but I disagree with you thinking that Mirotic's appendicitis is due to this... appendicitis is not an injury sustained via physical activity like a torn ACL or a sore hamstring

I'm not, but if you look at the Bulls roster, the same guys who people said were getting hurt because Thibs played them too much are still getting hurt. They have an injury plagued roster. I understand this is a freak thing, and has nothing to do with basketball. I was responding to the post that was mocking people who don't believe GarPax is doing a great job saying they would blame the injury on them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
I'm not, but if you look at the Bulls roster, the same guys who people said were getting hurt because Thibs played them too much are still getting hurt. They have an injury plagued roster. I understand this is a freak thing, and has nothing to do with basketball. I was responding to the post that was mocking people who don't believe GarPax is doing a great job saying they would blame the injury on them.

Weren't you the one who just posted that the players playing time hadn't changed since last year?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
Weren't you the one who just posted that the players playing time hadn't changed since last year?

Butler's hasn't. Rose and Noah were on limits. If the Thibs playing time is what killed them, why are they doing it again, and where is the outrage? I read numerous times on this board about Thibs and minutes. Haven't read much of it when he was gone, yet the players still get hurt. Noah missed games before Thibs, with Thibs, and after Thibs. Same with Hinrich and whoever else pre dated the Thibs era. If playing time really was the killer some say it is, Tim Duncan wouldn't still be around. Michael Jordan would have missed a heck of a lot more games, and he practiced just as hard as anyone as well. GarPax definitely had a problem with playing time and practice time. Now all of a sudden, not so much.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
Butler's hasn't. Rose and Noah were on limits. If the Thibs playing time is what killed them, why are they doing it again, and where is the outrage? I read numerous times on this board about Thibs and minutes. Haven't read much of it when he was gone, yet the players still get hurt. Noah missed games before Thibs, with Thibs, and after Thibs. Same with Hinrich and whoever else pre dated the Thibs era. If playing time really was the killer some say it is, Tim Duncan wouldn't still be around. Michael Jordan would have missed a heck of a lot more games, and he practiced just as hard as anyone as well. GarPax definitely had a problem with playing time and practice time. Now all of a sudden, not so much.

Ha, there was enough name dropping in here to make Caulfield proud.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:09 AM)
Ha, there was enough name dropping in here to make Caulfield proud.

The points made are all valid. The excuse that Thibs caused injuries was a poor one. The fact of the matter is, the Bulls happen to have quite a few guys that tend to get hurt. It has been proven consistently. Now Niko's injury has nothing to do with anything and is no indication of him, in particular, being injury prone. But in relation to Rose / Noah / Taj / Hinrich (at this stage), those guys are injury prone. That is a reality.

Holy s*** are the Lakers bad. And if I'm them unless I get the #1 pick to land Simmons I'm hoping I fall out of the top 3 this year so that the 76ers get the pick this year since this draft looks pretty bad right now rather than having the 76ers get their pick no matter what next year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
Rose looked really good for some stretches thus far. He continues to string together more consistent minutes of aggressive and positive play. Than again, it is the Lakers.

DROSE has been great this season. He just hasn't been able to stay on the court.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
Yeah, he really hasn't been great. Below average although he has been better lately.

He hasn't been great but to call him below average is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 11:30 PM)
He hasn't been great but to call him below average is ridiculous.

Terrible shooting, offensive rating below 100, bad assist rate for a PG. Yeah, I'd say over the course of the season he has been below average. Thankfully he has played better of late and he looks fine athletically.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 11:36 PM)
He has absolutely been good over the past month or so though and is trending upward (which is nice).

I'd agree he has definitely looked better and is trending upwards. Good? Debatable as he has been horrible distributing the ball and I'd say he has had 5 bad games in January (might be unfair to count the Miami game but he had a bad first half before sitting out the second half), 4 really good games and 2 solid games and the team has not been good with him on the floor.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:44 PM)
I'd agree he has definitely looked better and is trending upwards. Good? Debatable as he has been horrible distributing the ball and I'd say he has had 5 bad games in January (might be unfair to count the Miami game but he had a bad first half before sitting out the second half), 4 really good games and 2 solid games and the team has not been good with him on the floor.

What's the opposite of rose colored glasses?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
Holy s*** are the Lakers bad. And if I'm them unless I get the #1 pick to land Simmons I'm hoping I fall out of the top 3 this year so that the 76ers get the pick this year since this draft looks pretty bad right now rather than having the 76ers get their pick no matter what next year.

They have the worst head coach in the NBA.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)

I agree the team has struggled as Rose has became more aggressive, but I think it comes down to feel and the team is continuously adjusting because Rose is continuing to adjust. He's a different guy than the guy who played the first two months of the year (far better scorer...crappier passer). Offensively though this team is a mess and I am beginning to think it has something to do with the coaching. I think Hoiberg is giving the players too much control (just my perception). I also agree there are other issues and if we had a legit pg it would be easier to tell.

I also will be the first to say that Hoiberg has time to learn. Everyone got spoiled by Kerr's ultimate success but Hoiberg is still extremely young in terms of coaching experience.