2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 05:45 AM)
Jesus. Hoiberg needs to start drawing up actual plays or something.

Can he just go back to college and stack up on kids that got kicked out of other schools? Always thought he was an incredibly overrated college coach.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
Think they're 4-9 last 13 games. Another case of limping into the all star break. 5 more games to go.

And only two of those wins were against legitimate NBA basketball teams. They had the great win against the Cavs and a good win against the Pistons but the other 2 wins were against the 76ers and Lakers which barely count.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 05:53 AM)
Him being an overrated college coach.

Always felt they underachieved in tournament. Not many coaches get an NBA gig after only making second week of the tournament once. I think my bigger issue with him was he started the trend (that has killed college hoops for me) of having teams comprised of numerous transfers.

Edited by fathom

Is Hoiberg a bad coach? Maybe. But the conversation needs to shift to John Paxson and Gar Forman. They are the decision makers here. They pick the players. They pick the coach. They run the show. And this show sucks. The Bulls have ranged between B- and B+ for seventeen years now. That trend is going to continue as long as Paxson is running the show.

Edited by ozzfest

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
Is Hoiberg a bad coach? Maybe. But the conversation needs to shift to John Paxson and Gar Forman. They are the decision makers here. They pick the players. They pick the coach. They run the show. And this show sucks. The Bulls have ranged between B- and B+ for seventeen years now. That trend is going to continue as long as Paxson is running the show.

Good post. I actually think this is the year that Paxson launches Gar Forman. Not sure what happens after that though. This team blows. They have talent but they are 12 guys running around with the same jersey on. I was a fan of bringing in Hoiberg and it isn't working currently. This team isn't that good though. It's a poorly constructed roster. I wish they would sell off what they could but they are so delusional about competing. No, it wouldn't look like this with Thibs. The end result will be the same with either guy though. Getting beat early in the playoffs.

For those who think Hoiberg's system doesn't fit the Bulls roster, the guy that hired him didn't agree:

"Obviously we've known Fred for a long, long time and felt very highly of Fred," Forman said. "We have great respect for who he is as a person, and we have great respect for the job that he has done. He's a talented, in-demand coach that has attracted significant interest throughout the league and was on top of our list as we began this process ... as we [visited with him] it became very apparent to us that he was the fit that we had talked about. A fit with our players, a fit with our team, and he was the right guy to maximize the potential of this basketball team."

If this is maximizing the potential, the potential isn't good enough, and GarPax needs to be broken up.

Edited by Dick Allen

Man I loved listening to Thibs on Simmons podcast.

Biggest problem of Hoiberg for me is he has a "system" and is not out there minimizing his teams weaknesses well. He basically puts the weaknesses full on display.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
Man I loved listening to Thibs on Simmons podcast.

Biggest problem of Hoiberg for me is he has a "system" and is not out there minimizing his teams weaknesses well. He basically puts the weaknesses full on display.

They don't even run his system though. It's all iso's and guys taking turns getting theirs.