2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
You know that's what they're going to say. It's amazing how scared they are to make a deal, either going for it like in past years or blow it up like they should this year.

It's crazy cause it felt like Paxson was never afraid to pull the trigger when he was GM.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 11:33 PM)
Hit a few 3's late to get the Magic game to OT which they ended up winning.

Interesting side note though, the Bulls have been after a wing all season, and the Magic are listening to offers for Tobias Harris now.

Wonder if he'd fit what Chicago would be after there, I mean he can play the 4 spot in a smallball lineup as well.

Probably a lot depends on whether they think his 4/64 contract is value for money and what it'd cost to get him (we're after veteran players who can make a difference now apparently.....)

I am almost positive there were rumors last year that the Bulls were interested in him

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
Would the Bulls be able to acquire Griffin or Durant in a trade? I presume no, but probably worth discussing.

Not worth discussing - the Bulls don't trade to make their team better, so don't waste your time.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
Jimmy Butler out 3-4 weeks

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Has there been any talk of what the Bulls could get for Gasol if they moved him? Is he playing in "late first round pick" territory?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
Can we just call it quits this year and get a good pick?

Right now they're 7th in the East. Blog I just read suggests this is 7+ games for Jimmy. Bulls are 1.5 games ahead of the Hornets, in the middle of a losing skid, now without their best player.

I sure as heck would be trading Gasol for the best deal I could get in this situation, probably also trying to clear either dunleavy or Gibson out so that they can make a full max contract offer to anyone and everyone next offseason. What's the harm? Butler + Rose + Durant sounds like an adequate setup to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
Right now they're 7th in the East. Blog I just read suggests this is 7+ games for Jimmy. Bulls are 1.5 games ahead of the Hornets, in the middle of a losing skid, now without their best player.

I sure as heck would be trading Gasol for the best deal I could get in this situation, probably also trying to clear either dunleavy or Gibson out so that they can make a full max contract offer to anyone and everyone next offseason. What's the harm? Butler + Rose + Durant sounds like an adequate setup to me.

If there is one thing the last 18 years has taught us, it is that the Bulls are always able to land elite free agents.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)

Yeah we're not getting Durant.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
Jimmy Butler out 3-4 weeks

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

@tomhaberstroh 39m39 minutes ago

Ugh. Butler played 47 mins on 2nd night of B2B. Missed next gm w/bad left knee. Then played at DEN and was carted off the floor. Sad stuff.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)

You know Balta, we agree. Everyone else acts like we should just give up and not try for Durant, but I say screw it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
You know Balta, we agree. Everyone else acts like we should just give up and not try for Durant, but I say screw it.

It's more the fact that everyone knows we're not going to get him. This team isn't ever winning anything so hell ya I'd love to blow everything up and try to land Durant but I also know this is the Bulls and that's not going to happen.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
So what can the Bulls do from this point forward to build an elite team?

Would Thibs be having these similar problems?

It is a flawed roster. I doubt we'd be 7th in east, thou.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)

They should be shopping Pau regardless. He's opting out, and they have no chance at a title. Dunleavy...good luck with that. Taj is due for an ankle injury any day now. The problem is how many teams have a legit shot to win, and how many of those teams not named San Antonio and Golden State,are perhaps a Dunleavy or Gibson away? I'd say about zero. Pau is a different story, plus it does you no good to hang onto him.

Edited by Dick Allen