2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 02:07 PM)
I guess I'll be the minority and say LaVine is way better than Gordon. His first dunk was the best dunk of the night. LaVine's problem is he makes the dunks look so easy. Gordon didn't do as much for me.

LaVine is better. It's just that Gordon was pulling off crazy, theatrical stuff.

LaVine just looks so smooth that it hurts him - until they show slow motion and you realize how absolutely insane his dunks are.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
Just went back and watched all of these. 2000 was great but I'll take last night over it. The 80's ones don't hold up at all imo.

For me it was because 2000 was loaded with amazing dunks and Vinsanity in full force. Andre Drummond and Will Barton held last night beneath 2000 for me.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
LaVine is better. It's just that Gordon was pulling off crazy, theatrical stuff.

LaVine just looks so smooth that it hurts him - until they show slow motion and you realize how absolutely insane his dunks are.

and therein is the problem. the dunks now are more theatrical (great word) to make a special visual for the dunks.

i really thought gordon dunks were better b/c of that.

Edited by LDF

It felt like for a while whoever the shortest guy was would steal the show because you could feel the height and you could see the effort in them jumping that high. Big men used to be screwed because everything they did just looked a lot less dramatic. They didn't look like they were jumping as high, they didn't flail their arms/legs as far. I feel like dwight was the first real big man to make his dunks look as full of effort as shorter players. From then on a lot of taller players thrived like Blak.e.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 02:38 AM)
I'm not trying to take anything away from Kobe, but where is ANY Tim Duncan love? Isn't this probably his last year too?

like you i mean no offense.

but i was discussion this with some of the local college players. the consensus is he is too boring.

what are your thoughts on that comment.

i am lost with that phrase.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 08:34 PM)
How could anyone watch this crap? Why would anyone pay $500 a ticket to watch this live when it's not even real basketball. This is worse than the pickup games at my gym. No one is even trying.

Carmelo looks so fat and lazy out there. Kevin Hart could go out there and get 20.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
The intensity level in this game has been bad for a long time but this has been unwatchable. Usually when a team gets down big they pick up the effort a little bit to try to make a game of things but that hasn't happened at all.

I figured with it being Kobe's last one that guys would be a little more hype. Jordan's last one in '03, man, that was a battle. Guys were really competing. AI, T-mac, Kobe, Kg, etc.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 11:01 PM)
I figured with it being Kobe's last one that guys would be a little more hype. Jordan's last one in '03, man, that was a battle. Guys were really competing. AI, T-mac, Kobe, Kg, etc.

Yeah, at minimum once the East got down I thought they would at least make some effort on defense. Most years the intensity starts off s***ty but at least picks up a little bit as the game goes on. That game was a f***ing joke. You don't have to treat it like a real game but you should be playing harder than my fatass co-workers do when we play at lunch time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)
They tried for the last minute to make sure PG didn't get the record! I'm with you guys, that was pretty unwatchable but luckily for them nothing else was on. And shout out to tnt for missing Steph's half court shot to end the game.

Yeah, Pop couldn't help himself there but that game was hideously bad. Add the NBA all star game to the pro bowl for a game I won't be bothering with again.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

It is why MLB still has the best ASG. I understand injury concerns, but dude, the NBA all star game could rival or be better than the MLB one if the guys played hard. An easy solution is to throw about 5M bucks to the winner. Maybe get crazy and throw a similar amount to charity. I guarantee you put something like that on the line, yes, these guys make a lot, but it would probably change the level of competition, etc.

The game is just terrible. I'd love to see these guys actually play hard against each other (it would be so fun to watch).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
It is why MLB still has the best ASG. I understand injury concerns, but dude, the NBA all star game could rival or be better than the MLB one if the guys played hard. An easy solution is to throw about 5M bucks to the winner. Maybe get crazy and throw a similar amount to charity. I guarantee you put something like that on the line, yes, these guys make a lot, but it would probably change the level of competition, etc.

The game is just terrible. I'd love to see these guys actually play hard against each other (it would be so fun to watch).

There shouldn't be non-MLB All-Star games. There's nothing in the All-Star game that's worth getting hurt over.

And these are the best, highest players in the game. Unless they're playing for a competitive advantage later on (an idea I DO NOT endorse), they're not going to take it seriously.

Edited by AustinIllini