2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 04:15 PM)
Horrendous defense by the Bulls so far tonight (I think this can just be an autofill post for Bulls games right now).

The thing that bothers me is people like to make excuses for our defense and injuries. Its a joke, our defense shouldn't be this bad. I realize we have had injuries, but the trend has been absurd for some time now and I blame coaching. The further we are removed from Thibs and the habits he instilled, the worse we get. We did see improved ball movement with Butler out (and I guess I'll give credit there) but the defense can't stop anyone and Gar tried to transform this into an offensive team but the offensive guys aren't elite (or in many cases even good) and they make us softer and worse defensively.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
Knowing the Bulls, they are going to blame all the failures this season on injuries too.

To some extent it is justifiable, but as DA alluded to earlier today, that excuse doesn't hold water given the history of this team being hurt. If this was an anomaly, sure, but I also look at what actually happened and the dysfunction and just shake my head. Gar made the mess and should be held accountable. Please, AD, force a trade to Chicago and save us.

Nice to see Hezonja show off his game tonight, hasn't made an instant impact like the 4 rookies taken before him, but Skiles has made him earn his minutes, and he's improved a lot defensively from where he started the season.

And Aaron Gordon gets another Double - Double, he's got legit start potential if he can develop a jump shot, and turn into a Blake Griffin Lite down the road.

As for the Bulls, they were pretty listless on a back to back tonight. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs now with the way Detroit have been playing lately, although there's a while to go yet.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 06:30 PM)
How did Snell miss the flight?

per tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0302-story.html

13YnGdq.png

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 08:33 PM)
I don't know if they'll make the playoffs now with the way Detroit have been playing lately, although there's a while to go yet.

I don't think they'll miss the playoffs unless Jimmy gets hurt again. This team will go as far as he can take them.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
I didn't realize if the season ended we would be out of the playoffs.

The Bulls have more to gain with a lottery pick than they do making the playoffs. But just you wait, once Jimmy Ball starts, the Bulls will get the selfs a 7 seed, solidifying themselves in complete irrelevance.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
per tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0302-story.html

13YnGdq.png

I don't think they'll miss the playoffs unless Jimmy gets hurt again. This team will go as far as he can take them.

Ah, but now we are remembering what the Bulls were for all the non-thibs years - treading .500 and making the 7th/8th seed.