2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
jon greenberg ‏@jon_greenberg 27m27 minutes ago

Niko is running around, taking shots after practice. Gar Forman sitting next to Tim Hallam. "What's the press saying about me? Good stuff?"

Gar is a fkn idiot. My gawd. I wish I could knock that smug son of a b out.

Either which way, you guys haven't seen complaining to the refs until you watch the Clippers. Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and Doc Rivers are the biggest offenders of that.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 01:11 AM)
Gar is a fkn idiot. My gawd. I wish I could knock that smug son of a b out.

Either which way, you guys haven't seen complaining to the refs until you watch the Clippers. Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and Doc Rivers are the biggest offenders of that.

The Clippers complain the most as a team by far, but Green actually somehow complains more than those guys. I don't think I've seen him commit a foul this year where he didn't argue (including one which led me to make that comment where he just flat out shoved a guy setting a screen out of the way) and any time he misses a shot when someone is within 5 feet of him he whines to the refs.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
First game I've watched in quite some time. That was a fun 1St half. A lot of solid ball movement.

Has it just been injuries that are holding the Bulls down?....Or is the Rockets D that bad?

both, probably

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
First game I've watched in quite some time. That was a fun 1St half. A lot of solid ball movement.

Has it just been injuries that are holding the Bulls down?....Or is the Rockets D that bad?

Rockets are turrible. Butler has been the Bulls MVP this year. Leading the league in minutes per game. Missing him was huge.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
Lakers givin' it to the Warriors. Biggest regular season upset in history?

It probably would be. It is the first time a team with a winning pct. over .900 has played a team with a winning pct. under .200 this late in the season.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 06:55 PM)

A combination. Was great having Butler and Niko back. At the same time, you still saw the absurd turnovers and to me all the signs of a poorly coached / poorly focused team. The lack of talent due to injuries did play a huge factor in the slide.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
It is the biggest upset in NBA history at least. Someone from Vegas posted that if you parlayed Tate, Diaz and the Lakers with $100, you would've won $32000

Is this a bigger upset than say an 8 seed knocking off a 1 seed in the 1st round of the playoffs?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
Is this a bigger upset than say an 8 seed knocking off a 1 seed in the 1st round of the playoffs?

The original question was biggest "regular season" upset, and I think that's what his stat was referring to.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
In an 82 game season its pretty meaningless to try to label the greatest upset of all time. Especially since there are absolutely zero consequences for the loss.

I thought that they had determined it the greatest upset of all time based on the teams records. I could have sworn thats what i heard this morning

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
Butler has a swollen knee and stiff back. He will not play tonight.

Well, we all know that Thibs would of gotten grilled on this.

Now it's time to grill Hoiberg and the FO for letting this happen to Butler. Absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
Well, we all know that Thibs would of gotten grilled on this.

Now it's time to grill Hoiberg and the FO for letting this happen to Butler. Absolutely ridiculous.

Dr Cole said there is no structural damage. Which means, bet the house that his season is over. This is the same team that diagnosed Luol Deng with a sore leg and basically said it was up to him to play, when he actually had a broken leg.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 12:58 PM)
I thought that they had determined it the greatest upset of all time based on the teams records. I could have sworn thats what i heard this morning

Yep. Playoffs and Regular Season. Greatest upset, statistically in NBA History. And this game definitely meant something to both teams. Lakers are trying to have the worst record so they get to keep their pick.(It's only top 3 protected or it goes to Philly), and the Warriors are now only 3 games up on the Spurs and they have to play the Spurs 3 more times.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
David Schuster ‏@Schumouse 12m12 minutes ago

Jimmy Butler's knee swelling is down and he's feeling better. Questionable for the next game

Hopefully it was "normal" swelling related to coming back from an injury and not anything else.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
Hopefully it was "normal" swelling related to coming back from an injury and not anything else.

I'm going to the game in SA on Thursday. It'd be nice to see a healthy Bulls team put up a fight.