2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
Is it the last year to get that pick as well?

NO. It's top 10 protected next year as well. They are a s*** franchise though. I wouldn't bank on getting that pick. If they somehow are outside of top 10 next year, the Bulls will get it. If not, it turns into a 2nd rounder.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 05:36 PM)
Sager has 3-6 months to live. Damn.

He is said it is basically unheard of for someone to get a stem cell transplant three times, what a sad shame.

8 3s for Mirotic

Knicks just not missing

Jimmy Butler has been terrible since coming back :(

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 18m18 minutes ago

Jimmy Butler is shooting 28-for-77 (36.4%) in his six games back from his knee injury.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 06:59 PM)
I liked the espn announcers saying how awful Hoiberg is without explicitly saying it.

Honestly...he's the worst coach I can remember the Bulls having. Makes Del Negro look good. I just don't think he puts in the time and its purely on perception cause it isn't like I'm in the building but I don't think he's discipline enough to drill the message in.

Boy did the Bulls/Thibs f*** up royally when they couldn't figure out how to co-exist.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)
Honestly...he's the worst coach I can remember the Bulls having. Makes Del Negro look good. I just don't think he puts in the time and its purely on perception cause it isn't like I'm in the building but I don't think he's discipline enough to drill the message in.

Boy did the Bulls/Thibs f*** up royally when they couldn't figure out how to co-exist.

+1

Both Thibs and Gar are to blame for that split, not one or the other like people love to pretend.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)
+1

Both Thibs and Gar are to blame for that split, not one or the other like people love to pretend.

Disagree. People knew Thibs was weird, a basketball junkie, stubborn. The Bulls hired him with all of these things being known and then all the sudden these things bother them. Gar fires his right hand man, hires Jen Swanson to tell him who is allowed to play and how much, and then basically openly courted Hoiberg while Thibs was still coaching. I'm not even gonna count the supposed meeting where Gar told the team to listen to themselves and not Thibs.

You can lay a small amount of blame at Thibs feet but not much.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
Disagree. People knew Thibs was weird, a basketball junkie, stubborn. The Bulls hired him with all of these things being known and then all the sudden these things bother them. Gar fires his right hand man, hires Jen Swanson to tell him who is allowed to play and how much, and then basically openly courted Hoiberg while Thibs was still coaching. I'm not even gonna count the supposed meeting where Gar told the team to listen to themselves and not Thibs.

You can lay a small amount of blame at Thibs feet but not much.

Thibs' refusal to hire an offensive assistant (which could be retaliation for Adams), but wasn't Ron Adams fired in response due to criticizing the FO?

Also, Thibs messed up by having JVG go to war on national television. JR would have defended him otherwise.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
Thibs' refusal to hire an offensive assistant (which could be retaliation for Adams), but wasn't Ron Adams fired in response due to criticizing the FO?

Also, Thibs messed up by having JVG go to war on national television. JR would have defended him otherwise.

Thibs was hamstrung and already knew his job was gone by the time JVG started talking s***. And Adams was fired after Gar started his bulls*** power play and refused to listen to his coach when it came to drafting. And he had every right to be pissed when he got Teague and wanted Draymond.

And in the end Gar got what he wanted, and aren't we all happy for it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)

Thibs is way less to blame than Gar. Gar took things personal and created the mess. And in terms of Thibs not hiring an assistant, given personel, his offenses were far better than anyone gave him credit and his on-court performance gave every indication for him (not the front office) to be in charge of who he wanted to hire to be part of his staff (or not hire). I'm sure Thibs would have been more open to bringing someone in if the org hadn't tried to force his hand and at that point he decided he had to play strong back.

Thibs wasn't innocent and he should have known better to leak to JVG...he should have worked with JR and maybe things could have worked out (as JR clearly had a lot of respect for him up until the end, where I don't quite know what Gar sold him, but clearly JR hates leaks and those leaks during the post-season were still right in the memory of JR, hence the comments when Thibs was let go).

I'll be honest, I think the Bulls need to fire Hoiberg and Gar. I also know it will never happen. Maybe Gar goes but they won't be paying Thibs and Hoiberg that kind of money to not coach.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 11:32 AM)
How has no one in the Chicago media blasted Hoiberg? Or have they and I am just ignorant?

The score destroys him daily, KC Johnson and Vincent Goodwill I think try to be diplomatic because of their connections, Cowley is sly about his criticism because he is so focused on the front office problems. I'm unsure about ESPN because I don't listen to ESPN radio nor go to the website much anymore

I do hope Gasol goes. I think he's part of the culture problem, but man, everything about Hoiberg irks me, but I was a biased Thibs backer. As in, Thibs is one of my favorite coaches ever. I freaking loved Thibs.

The note moving Gasol to Sacremento was such a joke. Boy would that pick look nice. At this point, I am in the camp of f*** it, miss the playoffs and let this truly be the disaster that hopefully forces real change. And I never thought I'd say that given I'm probably the biggest optimistic in this thread.