2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
You would have to bench Longley completely. He would be worthless in a series like this. Rodman at the 5 and Kukoc at the 4 would be the way to go. I think defensively they would be fine, though challenged, more so than any team they saw at that time. Offensively it gets a little bit trickier. Rodman, Kukoc, Pippen, Jordan and Harper: where's the outside shooting? where's the spacing for jordan to post up or pippen to slash consistently against the top defenses of today? remember, no illegal defense. you can cheat, shade, sag, etc today without being called for illegal defense.

So the Warriors get a short 3-point line to play with? This is something that's rarely discussed. The Bulls feasted on the shorter line that year. The splash brothers with a 22 foot 3 point line? Yikes.

They'd still want to shoot deeper 3s. The shorter line would ultimately hurt spacing a bit and the physicality would definitely hurt them a lot. The bulls with Rodman at the 5 could switch every pick and roll also.

People talk about how you HAVE to go small against the Warriors, yet the only two teams that took them to 6 games last year were teams that played Thompson and Mozgov together and Z Bo and gasol together.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
I didn't mean Jordan couldn't post up at all. He'd be the best post-up guard in the game. But in 1996, you could clear out one side of the court and let him go to work. If you doubled, in 1996, you had to actually double. No inbetween. Now you can flood the strongside without hard double teaming and not get called for illegal d. That's why spacing, ball movement and shooting is so much more important in the modern game. I know you know this. just reiterating.

Lebron posted up the whole series and sucks, but took them to 6 games. He played with two bigs that can't shoot threes and two smalls that were mediocre shooters.

Jordan would be fine.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
They'd still want to shoot deeper 3s. The shorter line would ultimately hurt spacing a bit and the physicality would definitely hurt them a lot. The bulls with Rodman at the 5 could switch every pick and roll also.

Iggy, Green and Barnes would unquestionably benefit from a shorter line. When Dennis Scott and John Starks are breaking 3-point records you know there's a reason for that.

People talk about how you HAVE to go small against the Warriors, yet the only two teams that took them to 6 games last year were teams that played Thompson and Mozgov together and Z Bo and gasol together.

The Warriors, after being down 2-1 to the grizzlies, won games 4, 5 and 6 by 17, 20 and 13 points. And after being down 2-1 to the Cavs they won games 4, 5 and 6 by 21, 13 and 8 (jr smith hit like three 3's in the last minute to make that game 6 score respectable). The warriors obviously made their adjustments and trounced both teams after being down.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
Lebron posted up the whole series and sucks, but took them to 6 games. He played with two bigs that can't shoot threes and two smalls that were mediocre shooters.

Jordan would be fine.

LeBron also shot below 40% for the series (obviously missing his 2nd and 3rd options didn't help). I'm just saying it would be different and he/they would have to adjust. Assuming, of course, that were playing without illegal defense. This is why i say 20 years is too big a gap.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
LeBron also shot below 40% for the series (obviously missing his 2nd and 3rd options didn't help). I'm just saying it would be different and he/they would have to adjust. Assuming, of course, that were playing without illegal defense. This is why i say 20 years is too big a gap.

Yes, that's why I said he sucked. He isn't a great post player nor is he a good midrange shooter. Jordan is probably the GOAT at both.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 07:43 AM)
The Bull aren't playing for a draft pick. They're still playing for a playoff spot....

and truthfully, there is only 5 games left and they are right at .500. There really isnt going to be a huge draft pick slot swing that is affected by their play

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
The Bull aren't playing for a draft pick. They're still playing for a playoff spot....

well i can see that they would like to gain a playoff spot, and for my opinion is they, the bulls need to show justification of this mess with the coaching staff and such.

however the quality of this yr draft, not wit standing, there is some difference in the positional players at 10/11 who can help th bulls more than a player selected at 16-20.

i do not care if the bulls will not acknowledge that they do need to rebuild, getting a better draft pick will help.

Want to just point out, with the backs against the wall, Butler has put up back to back spectacular performances. I still think the thought of moving him is delusional. His issues are more due to older vets being bothered by him establishing himself as the leader and when you look at how he puts in his work, how hard he plays, can you really argue? Hell, look at how much better of a passer he is. He's got to work more on this leadership part but it is going to be really interesting to see how things change this off-season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
Want to just point out, with the backs against the wall, Butler has put up back to back spectacular performances. I still think the thought of moving him is delusional. His issues are more due to older vets being bothered by him establishing himself as the leader and when you look at how he puts in his work, how hard he plays, can you really argue? Hell, look at how much better of a passer he is. He's got to work more on this leadership part but it is going to be really interesting to see how things change this off-season.

It seems to me Rose is better when Butler is out, and Butler is better when Rose is out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
It seems to me Rose is better when Butler is out, and Butler is better when Rose is out.

Have one of them come off the bench. I've been saying this all season. Preferably Rose.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)

Yeah, I agree that it seems evident that the Bulls need to move one of them, and that should be Rose. I've also heard from some people with ties that Rose, while he wants to stay in Chicago, is kind of wanting a fresh break and a clean start elsewhere. I think the Bulls move Rose this off-season and officially build this team around Jimmy (clearly they'll need to find more and I don't think it will happen overnight).

I'd also argue, the top coaches in this league would likely find a way for them to work it out, but given Rose isn't really a great passer, I think it makes things harder as they are both ultimately ball heavy players. Rose without the ball is god awful, like god awful. He doesn't cut much and really is an awful player off the ball (I feel like it is because he's afraid of injury). Jimmy, on the other hand, while ball dominant, is still a very good player without the ball (does a lot of cutting, etc). I think the Bulls would benefit greatly from getting a true point guard and a legit big. Add in a stretch forward and a shooting two guard and that would be nice. Easier said than done though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
Yeah, I agree that it seems evident that the Bulls need to move one of them, and that should be Rose.

Jimmy called out their golden boy. I bet GarPax flipped their wigs on that one. :) They'll probably do everything they can to try and move him in the offseason.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
Jimmy called out their golden boy. I bet GarPax flipped their wigs on that one. :) They'll probably do everything they can to try and move him in the offseason.

I don't think Gar is going to be around.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 07:14 PM)

i feel stupid here but who is their golden boy???

I find it remarkable that on a knee that JB has said will require surgery in offseason, coach hoiberg is playing him 38 minutes a night with not a story in the papers. It's almost like those stories may have been pushed from somewhere.