2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 12:20 AM)
Warriors chokin' on a fat one. Looks like the pressure has finally gotten to them. They'll have to win out now to top the Bulls.

Yeah, what a shock. Definitely got sloppy down the stretch, which made me think it was a bit of a choke. Minnesota has some really good young talent though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 12:27 AM)
Yeah, what a shock. Definitely got sloppy down the stretch, which made me think it was a bit of a choke. Minnesota has some really good young talent though.

Towns, I mean, good god. He might be a top 5 player next year. If the Wolves botch this they should be eradicated completely.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 12:39 AM)
First time I've thought they won't get the record.

ya it really looked like a foregone conclusion. Though, I thought if they fell short it'd be at the end of the season because of trying to rest guys.

4 games left, 2 against the spurs and 2 against Memphis. Guess there's a decent sweat now.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 12:46 AM)
So does pop go for the 1 seed or rest his guys?

1st seed is pretty much out of the picture for Spurs. Warriors would have to lose 1 game to Memphis and lose both to Spurs, then Spurs would have to win out.

The only thing Spurs really have to play for is perfect season at home. So I'd assume they rest their guys in the away game and protect their record on the home game. I give it a 60% GSW tie the record. 20% chance to break it, and 20% chance they fall short.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
No way they beat SA both games. They had their chance. All they had to do was take care of business at home against much more inferior competition.

Ah hell, now they are going to get the record. Pop is going to sit his guys both games and GS will win out.

Is anyone else amazed by how many 3's Mirotic is attempting since coming back. He's actually made them, but literally it is the only part of his game. If there is on bright side, he is playing a heck of a lot better than he did before his injury (as he's at least making this at a higher percentage) so maybe he's improving his trade value, but I just don't see how he's a valuable player given his poor defense and fact that he isn't Steph Curry from three. Averaging 9 threes per game over the last 5, albeit he's shot an okay percentage. Still, lack of defense on the other end of the court and really a lot of his shots (kind of like Aaron Brooks) are not in any context of this offense (than again, I don't even know what the hell offense the Bulls are running). Such a horrifically coached / performing unit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)
670 The Score ‏@670TheScore 5m5 minutes ago

Horace Grant joins Bulls as a special advisor to president/COO Michael Reinsdorf: http://cbsloc.al/23cgmZx

Totally forgot about this: For five days, Horace Grant and his agent, Jimmy Sexton, ruminated about what to say and how to respond to accusations by Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf that Grant reneged on a handshake agreement to stay with the team.

In a news conference last week, Reinsdorf also accused Grant of feigning injury and illness during the season-the "blue flu," in Reinsdorf's words-which contributed to the Bulls losing the regular-season Eastern Conference title and home-court advantage through the playoffs.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
Totally forgot about this: For five days, Horace Grant and his agent, Jimmy Sexton, ruminated about what to say and how to respond to accusations by Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf that Grant reneged on a handshake agreement to stay with the team.

In a news conference last week, Reinsdorf also accused Grant of feigning injury and illness during the season-the "blue flu," in Reinsdorf's words-which contributed to the Bulls losing the regular-season Eastern Conference title and home-court advantage through the playoffs.

It wasn't in writing. Things change.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)
Sam Hinkie has resigned as GM of the 76ers. Makes sense. Colangelo was hired as Team President and he's most likely bringing in his son Bryan Colangelo as GM. I would have left to if I were Hinkie.

Woj reporting that Hinkie hasn't even told his bosses that he is leaving

@wojverticalnba

Leaving the job and telling no one would be a fitting ending for Hinkie, who often frustrated staff under him with a lack of communication.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)
Sam Hinkie has resigned as GM of the 76ers. Makes sense. Colangelo was hired as Team President and he's most likely bringing in his son Bryan Colangelo as GM. I would have left to if I were Hinkie.

Maybe his podcast with Zach Lowe really got to him when Lowe talked about Colangelo cutting off his balls, so to speak. He made that like yesterday. Crazy.

As bad as this season has been, I'm truly amazed they didn't make the playoffs. But, this was basically the regression to the pre-thibs era. Hover around .500 only to make the playoffs the last week of the season.

Except we didn't.

I'd just like to point out that the Bulls were 11th in the NBA in offensive efficiency last year but have fallen to 26th this year and the only teams worse offensively are the Lakers, Suns, 76ers and Nets (i.e. the 4 worst teams in the NBA). And on top of that the Bulls are only a league average defensive team now. Just a fantastic team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)

He makes several good points. But I can't get my head around pushing it is the cause of the problem. DRose sat and sat and sat and sat, still sits for general soreness, and still gets hurt. If Noah sat out another week, maybe his shoulder doesn't get injured again, but I'm thinking sitting another week would cause that not to happen to be not so likely.

I do think using the Suns way may help a bit, but once guys start having a history of breaking down, I don't think there really is much that is going to stop it from continuing. If you want to play your best players 25 minutes a game and sit out anytime they are sore, is that going to be a solution?