2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 17, 2016 -> 07:57 AM)
By the letter of the rule, Westbrook traveled, but I really don't wanna hear whining about it from Golden State, they blew a 16-point lead and put themselves in the situation where they had to hope Westbrook f***ed up.

Yeah, no whining for Golden State.

1) Klay did foul him, just...didn't get called.

2) Klay traveled like 20 seconds earlier. He just missed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 17, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
The thing is you could also easily make an argument that Thompson fouled Westbrook prior to the travel too. So hard for me to feel like the Warriors got robbed.

You dont get robbed if you are up that big and sleepwalk an entire quarter

I think the "traveling happens every play!" stuff is way overblown. Big men probably get away with more creative pivot foot stuff than they used to, but usually every time I'm with someone where someone yells travel, when it's slowed down it is a lot closer than you think with how long and fast these guys are. I don't blame refs for laying off it when it's hard to call in real time (except big men who are set up and have sloppy footwork like Eddy Curry)

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2016 -> 11:57 PM)
Bet the farm on Okie City. OKC is so hot and so gelling it might not be a long series. If OKC steals Game Two, and it definitely could, this baby is going five maximum. I laugh at teams changing coaches. Scott Brooks had nothing to do with this vs. Billy Donovan. Adams and Kanter are physical presences and can grab rebounds. Collison and Ibaka were OK but these two guys are man mountains and make a big difference to go with a HEALTHY Durant and Westie. Amazing how those two guys being completely healthy with rebounders makes them unbeatable. OKC in five or six. Game two is not a lock for the Warriors. OKC is making a mockery of the regular season homecourt success of first the Spurs, now the Warriors.

Funny how the NBA is thriving. First you've got the LeBron/Wade/Bosh show dominance. Then you get the teamwork of the Spurs. Then you get the emergency of Curry-mania and the Warriors. Now you've got the Durant/Westbrook show finally mature enough and healthy enough to win a title or two. AMAZING development is the Thunder.

I'm not even trying to be an ass here but do you have something against the Warriors? You've made like 2 posts in the NBA threads in the last couple of years and both of them have been to say bet the farm or house on the team facing GS.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (bmags @ May 17, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
I just realized how horrible our situation was as I saw jimmy butler watch us get the worst pick in the draft. Can't wait to get a slow white player without a position

You think it's bad, wait until Noah, Gasol are re-signed. Back to the stone age.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
This is absolutely it. Your "star player" is really only a "second best player on the team" caliber player.

We were briefly saved from this in 2008, being given an actual star player capable of carrying a team to a championship and... f*** it I can't type all this again

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 17, 2016 -> 10:54 PM)
Has Lebron ever beaten a good team on his way to the Finals? It's pathetic that Toronto is in the ECF.

The Bulls in 2011. That's it basically

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
Has Lebron ever beaten a good team on his way to the Finals? It's pathetic that Toronto is in the ECF.

He's beaten many "good" teams. Great? No. Though in '06 and '08 when he had absolute horses*** around him he took two great teams to seven games.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 17, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
It's hilarious that there's even a controversy about traveling in the NBA. Yes, Westbrook traveled and dragged his pivot foot on that play. And he and everyone else does it the entire game. The traveling and dragging/moving/changing pivot foot makes the NBA borderline unwatchable for me.

I don't even understand how you can play organized basketball your whole life and feel (in a physical-muscle memory way) like it's ok to travel. It feels so odd to me when I play to take an extra step. And pickling up or changing my pivot foot - out of the question.

That's what the people I was with said immediately. A traveling controversy in NBA??? WTF. OKC is healthy; Adams has become a player; Kanter is useable. OKC in four, five no more than six! Bank it.

Edited by greg775