2015-2016 NBA Thread

Rumor is the Celtics could trade the #3 to Philly for Okafor. I love this for Philly. Simmons/Ingram, Bender/Hield, Noel, Embiid, Saric, and two '16 first round picks.

I know Embiid is a mega wildcard. But man, if he's healthy and pans out? It's Lebron's conference for another two years before Philly takes over.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)
Rumor is the Celtics could trade the #3 to Philly for Okafor. I love this for Philly. Simmons/Ingram, Bender/Hield, Noel, Embiid, Saric, and two '16 first round picks.

I know Embiid is a mega wildcard. But man, if he's healthy and pans out? It's Lebron's conference for another two years before Philly takes over.

Okafor's numbers are pretty empty though. I know it was a rookie year for him and all, but he put up points on pure volume and wasn't a good defender.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 22, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
Don't mean a thing without the ring

At least wait for them to lose two in a row, something they haven't done all year, before mocking them. Personally, I'll be pissed if it's not Cavs/Warriors in the finals.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 22, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
Okafor's numbers are pretty empty though. I know it was a rookie year for him and all, but he put up points on pure volume and wasn't a good defender.

He plays for the Sixers. That's about as empty as it gets. He's gifted offensively. Defensively? Not so much. So much of what Philly does from here on out is at the mercy of Embiids health.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2016 -> 02:03 AM)
At least wait for them to lose two in a row, something they haven't done all year, before mocking them. Personally, I'll be pissed if it's not Cavs/Warriors in the finals.

He plays for the Sixers. That's about as empty as it gets. He's gifted offensively. Defensively? Not so much. So much of what Philly does from here on out is at the mercy of Embiids health.

Disagree with this. If Ben Simmons is a superstar, which I think he will be, they are fine.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2016 -> 12:03 AM)

Talks of their demise are very premature but they don't have to lose 2 in a row to be eliminated. Keep alternating and OKC wins Game 7, in GS.

Yeah, OKC better win Game 4.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 23, 2016 -> 07:18 AM)
Would be surprised if Celtics took that trade. I figured they'd only trade away the #3 pick potential for a more higher floor star.

The #3 pick isn't worth a 6'10 center who can't protect the rim or rebound?

QUOTE (Brian @ May 23, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
The #3 pick isn't worth a 6'10 center who can't protect the rim or rebound?

I still think he can turn into an Al Jefferson career which...made Jefferson rich at least.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:22 AM)
So is Draymond Green gonna get a suspension for knocking Adams in the nuts for the second time?

I think it was intentional but I don't think there is definite proof to suspend him for a big playoff game. Green has turned into a big crybaby this season. Or maybe I'm just noticing. He did go to East Lansing.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 23, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
I think it was intentional but I don't think there is definite proof to suspend him for a big playoff game. Green has turned into a big crybaby this season. Or maybe I'm just noticing. He did go to East Lansing.

It was so obvious it was intentional.