2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Westbrook and Durant weren't good enough overall tonight but for all the talk of needing to trust their teammates they did that tonight and their teammates completely s*** the bed. On almost all uncontested layups and 3s Waiters, Roberson and Adams were a combined 8-31.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 30, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
So Westbrook and Durant weren't good enough overall tonight but for all the talk of needing to trust their teammates they did that tonight and their teammates completely s*** the bed. On almost all uncontested layups and 3s Waiters, Roberson and Adams were a combined 8-31.

They lost the series two nights ago. This is all on Durant/Westbrook.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 30, 2016 -> 10:36 PM)
It's gotta be so demoralizing when these guys hit threes in your face with good defense. Westbrook got so pissed at the end. Durant could have shot more but Steph and Klay won that series.

Yeah, those two were unreal tonight. Out of their 13 3s I think only 3 of them were uncontested.

Can't believe I was wrong. I thought it was OKC's turn this year. When Durant single handedly cut it to four with 1:30 left I thought they had 'em right where they wanted 'em.

I will say this: You never know what the future may hold. I would think IF Durant stays in OKC (which he probably will) and he and Westy stay healthy, they probably could have a regular season like GS had this year and run through the playoffs to claim the title.

SAT is done, over the hill. Golden State I guess will stick around for a while but an injury to Curry and it's over. Most of the other West teams are on the decline. Portland is not good enough. Clips are not good enough. Houston blows.

If OKC can stay healthy, they got to be favorites next year, right? The only way OKC might not run away with it next year is if Durant is fed up with trying to claim a ring with OKC after the Game Six choke job and leaves. It was right there for them and they couldn't win Game Six at home.

I guess there's a chance Durant could leave; I'd say 90 percent odds he stays, mainly because they'll probably be favored to win it next year. It's a certainty they will win at least one title, maybe more in the next 3 years if Westy/Durant remain. Why go somewhere else? The nuclueus is right there in tornado land. If I were them I'd trade Ibaka and go with Adams/Kanter. Either acquire a guy "like" Iguodala who can play defense or another reliable three-point bombsman.

OKC's future is weird to project. It's not like they haven't been there before. If this doesn't devastate them mentally they could be next year's unbeatable team. If this does devastate them, they might be a team like this year's Bulls. Pathetic unachiever.

p.s. At least if you bet the house on OKC you would have won. They covered, didn't they?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2016 -> 11:09 PM)
Can't believe I was wrong. I thought it was OKC's turn this year. When Durant single handedly cut it to four with 1:30 left I thought they had 'em right where they wanted 'em.

I will say this: You never know what the future may hold. I would think IF Durant stays in OKC (which he probably will) and he and Westy stay healthy, they probably could have a regular season like GS had this year and run through the playoffs to claim the title.

SAT is done, over the hill. Golden State I guess will stick around for a while but an injury to Curry and it's over. Most of the other West teams are on the decline. Portland is not good enough. Clips are not good enough. Houston blows.

If OKC can stay healthy, they got to be favorites next year, right? The only way OKC might not run away with it next year is if Durant is fed up with trying to claim a ring with OKC after the Game Six choke job and leaves. It was right there for them and they couldn't win Game Six at home.

I guess there's a chance Durant could leave; I'd say 90 percent odds he stays, mainly because they'll probably be favored to win it next year. If I were them I'd trade Ibaka and go with Adams/Kanter. Either acquire a guy "like" Iguodala who can play defense or another reliable three-point bombsman.

OKC's future is weird to project. It's not like they haven't been there before. If this doesn't devastate them mentally they could be next year's unbeatable team. If this does devastate them, they might be a team like this year's Bulls. Pathetic unachiever.

p.s. At least if you bet the house on OKC you would have won. They covered, didn't they?

Wtf did I jus read?

I don't see any way that GSW wouldn't be favored again next year...unless they suffer a major injury.

Playing two bigs, there's just no way they can stay with the Warriors when they have 4 athletic swingmen in the game at the same time that can break them down on the drive and take advantage of passing crispness on the perimeter to get open jumpers before they can close out.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2016 -> 11:12 PM)
Wtf did I jus read?

+1

Anyways, gonna be an exciting Finals. GSW have the edge IMO because they have GM 7 at home but I think OKC showed that the Warriors aren't invincible. Took a huge choke job by OKC in GM 6 for the Warriors to get to the Finals.

Warriors in 7, Curry FMVP

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
They lost the series two nights ago. This is all on Durant/Westbrook.

Yup. I knew after game 6 OKC was done. I'm almost pulling for Cleveland here. I can't believe I just typed that but that city deserves at least one title.

Choke-lahoma.

Poor Durant. You could definitely see Westbrook got a bit out of control there in the second half trying to force things driving to the basket when there was just too much traffic around the rim. Even with that incredible athleticism, you're not going to make more than 25% of those acrobatic shots...and the foul calls weren't coming unless you absolutely murdered someone OR were Mr. Curry shooting through Ibaka on the perimeter.

I'm with GS, even though it will ever so slightly reduce the Bulls' legacy. I find that whole squad in Cleveland to be unlikable and I won't cheer for them. Draymond Green wants me to not like GS, but I'm not there yet.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 31, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
I'm with GS, even though it will ever so slightly reduce the Bulls' legacy. I find that whole squad in Cleveland to be unlikable and I won't cheer for them. Draymond Green wants me to not like GS, but I'm not there yet.

This is where i'm at.