2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lean towards it not being intentional but it's impossible to know.

Everything is just so much easier for the Warriors than it was against OKC and that's not going to change. Going to take some crazy efforts from LeBron and Kyrie to stay around in this series.

You almost think the Warriors were teasing them a bit, letting them believe they were actually getting back into the game down by 11.

Would have been interesting to see what kind of player Livingston could have become without all those traumatic knee injuries.

Cleveland has to win on Sunday to have any realistic chance of hanging in this series. Luckily for LeBron, there aren't the single days off between games or he would be walking dead by Game 4 or 5.

Warriors bench has been severely underrated all year. Shaun Livingston was the 4th pick in his draft class for a reason (legit Penny comp) and, of course, was derailed by one of the more horrific, and I MEAN f***ING HORRIFIC, knee injuries you'll ever see in life. Barbosa is a former 6th man of the year. Iguodala is ELITE defensively and above average offensively, especially his passing. Ezeli is one of the better backup C's in the game. They're just loaded. Not overreacting here. Cavs MUST win game 2. No way they're beating GS 4 of 5.

What team did Livingston play for in Peoria, was it Manual, Central or another one?

All I remember was reading a book once about Steve Alford and he and many top collegiate coaches were recruiting that kid HARD when he was already in middle school...projecting a combination of Magic Johnson, Penny Hardaway and Marcus Liberty/Jamie Brandon in their primes.

Tyler and Cody Zeller coming out of Indiana were the other big-time recruits around that time period, if memory serves correctly.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
I have never put on a pair of Adidas shoes that have felt comfortable. I hate their material and the way their shirts fit. I will never buy anything from them. Nike shoes are what I will always get. They should pay me for my endorsement.

Their clothing is pretty great though. Best golfing attire out there. Nike running shoes are trash.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 03:43 AM)
What team did Livingston play for in Peoria, was it Manual, Central or another one?

All I remember was reading a book once about Steve Alford and he and many top collegiate coaches were recruiting that kid HARD when he was already in middle school...projecting a combination of Magic Johnson, Penny Hardaway and Marcus Liberty/Jamie Brandon in their primes.

Tyler and Cody Zeller coming out of Indiana were the other big-time recruits around that time period, if memory serves correctly.

Peoria Central

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 01:38 AM)
Warriors bench has been severely underrated all year. Shaun Livingston was the 4th pick in his draft class for a reason (legit Penny comp) and, of course, was derailed by one of the more horrific, and I MEAN f***ING HORRIFIC, knee injuries you'll ever see in life. Barbosa is a former 6th man of the year. Iguodala is ELITE defensively and above average offensively, especially his passing. Ezeli is one of the better backup C's in the game. They're just loaded. Not overreacting here. Cavs MUST win game 2. No way they're beating GS 4 of 5.

As long as GS stays healthy, this season was over before it began. OKC's chance was GS wasn't healthy.

J4L already rolling out the "LeBron has/had no chance because of Golden State's depth" line.

Well, maybe that will be the spin from his camp, but will history tell this time period as the torch passing from LeBron to a new generation of "drive, dish or shoot" assassins whose accuracy and teamwork/passing from the outside is going to force the 3 point line to be moved back again in order to balance things out once more (increased focus on defense, traditional block and rebound centers, more driving to the basket and drawing fouls, less European)...???

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
J4L already rolling out the "LeBron has/had no chance because of Golden State's depth" line.

Well, maybe that will be the spin from his camp, but will history tell this time period as the torch passing from LeBron to a new generation of "drive, dish or shoot" assassins whose accuracy and teamwork/passing from the outside is going to force the 3 point line to be moved back again in order to balance things out once more (increased focus on defense, traditional block and rebound centers, more driving to the basket and drawing fouls, less European)...???

The league has been primarily drive and kick for some time already. Or at least one or two guys that can collapse a defense surrounded by shooters (think Dwight in Orlando or Lebron/wade in Miami when they moved bosh to center as another shooter)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 07:35 AM)
As long as GS stays healthy, this season was over before it began. OKC's chance was GS wasn't healthy.

OKC is long and athletic at every position. They play really good defensive at every position. The Cavs don't have that. Kyrie and Love are defensive black holes. How many backdoor layups/dunks did the Warriors have last night? How many times were guys like Barbosa able to get easy runners? That's the difference here.

And it still comes down to Lebron being way too passive. In the first quarter, and really all game, he took the ball in the post and got an easy lay up. He was 4-4 or 5-5 to start. But for whatever reason they went away from that. People blame Kyrie for being a ball hog and i'm sure that's partially true, but Lebron is voluntarily giving the ball to him. At some point he just needs to tell his teammates to f*** off, he's going into the post for 10 possessions in a row. It's damn near unstoppable, I don't know why they don't keep doing it.

Also, I can't remember the last time Lebron made a jumpshot. I know guys talked about it early in the season, that he was literally the worst in the league at it, but it's crazy how awful his shot is now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)

He actually didn't say they don't have a chance, he said they must win game 2 in order to have a chance

Warriors burying the CAVS right now.

ABC/ESPN must not be very happy about how this series is developing...almost starting to feel sorry for LeBron. Almost. Plus, Love's out, although I hope THAT'S not used the main excuse.

All the players on that roster just complement each other so well, and they're that rare professional sports franchise that's able to play so unselfishly and sustain it for a period of time beyond just one season.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
How are the Cavs less competitive this year than last year with less players?

Kyrie and Love are just f***ing pathetic. They hurt the team. Last year LeBron took it to 6 by himself.

Of course, the W's are better this year, too.