2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
I will say, when I saw the Bulls were talking about moving Taj to Toronto for a worse player to save money, I couldn't help but laugh. It seems like Gar's new plan is to make us the softest team in the league. It started when we pushed Noah to the bench (for a soft Niko) and this would continue to do so (really taking away our two best defensive players, Noah and Gibson).

Moving Noah to the bench was needed for the sake of offense. He's beyond terrible. They were playing 4-5 with him in the line-up.

And frankly in this league, scoring is more important than defense. You're not stopping a team like golden state, so you better be able to put up some points to have a chance. I agree with this shift in style.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
I will say, when I saw the Bulls were talking about moving Taj to Toronto for a worse player to save money, I couldn't help but laugh. It seems like Gar's new plan is to make us the softest team in the league. It started when we pushed Noah to the bench (for a soft Niko) and this would continue to do so (really taking away our two best defensive players, Noah and Gibson).

Aren't the Bulls in Luxury tax area? So they'll do something goofy won't they?

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
Moving Noah to the bench was needed for the sake of offense. He's beyond terrible. They were playing 4-5 with him in the line-up.

And frankly in this league, scoring is more important than defense. You're not stopping a team like golden state, so you better be able to put up some points to have a chance. I agree with this shift in style.

Noah was also the squads leader, who got replaced for a guy who was soft and played soft. Changes should have been made sooner and it is clear the Bulls have lost the edge that made them one of the better teams in the league.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Bulls are aggressively shopping Gasol according to Woj.

Wonder if they'd get a 1st rounder for him with his expiring contract, Toronto could be a potential fit, they're after a 4.

Doesn't have a full no-trade? I wonder what teams he'd be willing to go to. Not many make much sense. Would the Bulls really trade him to a playoff rival? Or anyone in the East? He's too slow for the Warriors. Clips don't need him. San Antonio doesn't need him. Thunder maybe? Durant really wanted him during his last FA.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
Doesn't have a full no-trade? I wonder what teams he'd be willing to go to. Not many make much sense. Would the Bulls really trade him to a playoff rival? Or anyone in the East? He's too slow for the Warriors. Clips don't need him. San Antonio doesn't need him. Thunder maybe? Durant really wanted him during his last FA.

Clips would take him if they deal Blake Griffin.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)

Im' with you. How many teams are a Pau Gasol away from perhaps winning a title who really have a spot for him? Not too many. Maybe OKC. But the Bulls need to trade him. They aren't going anywhere. I don't know why a team would give up a 1st rounder for a couple of months of him. If the Bulls really are willing to pay him $20 million a year, he can always come back.

If they trade him, and even just get some athletic tape for him, I will applaud GarPax for at least being realistic.

That's the problem with the NBA. There are maybe 4 teams with a legit shot of winning, and if GS stays healthy, probably fewer than that.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
Im' with you. How many teams are a Pau Gasol away from perhaps winning a title who really have a spot for him? Not too many. Maybe OKC. But the Bulls need to trade him. They aren't going anywhere. I don't know why a team would give up a 1st rounder for a couple of months of him. If the Bulls really are willing to pay him $20 million a year, he can always come back.

If they trade him, and even just get some athletic tape for him, I will applaud GarPax for at least being realistic.

That's the problem with the NBA. There are maybe 4 teams with a legit shot of winning, and if GS stays healthy, probably fewer than that.

Which is why it's unrealistic when fanbases (like Chicago) get upset when they don't win a title. Getting to the ECF or Finals is a legit accomplishment in the NBA. Only a few teams really have enough talent to win it all, and that's proven true year after year. Superstars win titles. If you don't have one, you aren't winning one.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
Which is why it's unrealistic when fanbases (like Chicago) get upset when they don't win a title. Getting to the ECF or Finals is a legit accomplishment in the NBA. Only a few teams really have enough talent to win it all, and that's proven true year after year. Superstars win titles. If you don't have one, you aren't winning one.

But the Bulls have only make the conference finals 1 time since 1998. That's pretty weak. I think the fanbase has a right to be upset. They have reached a certain level, but haven't been able to take the next step. Now it looks like they will probably be retreating for a season or two. Expecting the return of the Jordan era when it was 8 conference finals in 10 years, and one Hugh Hollins call from being 9 out of 10, and one MJ retirement from being 10 years in a row, is crazy. But this team leads the league in attendance. The fans deserve better than the totally conservative route this team has taken in regards to player moves, and reluctance to pay luxury tax.

Reinsdorf has said he all he wants his baseball team to do is break even. If that was the same with the Bulls, I think they would have been far more aggressive over the years.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
But the Bulls have only make the conference finals 1 time since 1998. That's pretty weak. I think the fanbase has a right to be upset. They have reached a certain level, but haven't been able to take the next step. Now it looks like they will probably be retreating for a season or two. Expecting the return of the Jordan era when it was 8 conference finals in 10 years, and one Hugh Hollins call from being 9 out of 10, and one MJ retirement from being 10 years in a row, is crazy. But this team leads the league in attendance. The fans deserve better than the totally conservative route this team has taken in regards to player moves, and reluctance to pay luxury tax.

Reinsdorf has said he all he wants his baseball team to do is break even. If that was the same with the Bulls, I think they would have been far more aggressive over the years.

I don't disagree, but you gotta draft/sign a superstar. They did, but he got hurt. I think that's just the reality of the situation.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Bulls are aggressively shopping Gasol according to Woj.

Wonder if they'd get a 1st rounder for him with his expiring contract, Toronto could be a potential fit, they're after a 4.

I guess it's possible, but expiring contracts are worthless at the moment. Everyone will have cash shortly.

I have been sucked into NBA tarde deadline talk for years but I refuse to fall into that rabbit hole of nothingness anymore. Rumors come to fruition like .1% of the time in the NBA. I will check back tomorrow after 2pm.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
I have been sucked into NBA tarde deadline talk for years but I refuse to fall into that rabbit hole of nothingness anymore. Rumors come to fruition like .1% of the time in the NBA. I will check back tomorrow after 2pm.

dont be tarde

So below is the info from as far as I can ever tell, is the most connected and accurate insider on Real GM.

-Taj for Patterson includes a 1st round pick coming back, although that has actually been reported. Toronto prefers a lot of other guys over Taj so probably won't happen.

-We want to trade for McLemore, not Rudy Gay.

-We are all over the place on Pau. We want to trade him one minute, the next minute we want to keep him.