2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 18, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
Pau may just be playing us. He seemed dead set on leaving until reports from today. I still think he leaves for another team

Absolutely. I think Gasol leaves in the offseason and someone gives him like 3/60. Hopefully not the Bulls.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2016 -> 02:26 PM)
I presume the Bulls will be aggressively targeting whomever gets bought out short term, especially at the guard position. Not sure who that will be. Kevin Martin comes to mind. I presume OKC is going to drop Lance (not sure why they made that move).

Memphis

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Feb 18, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
Soxtalk: "Paxson is a great executive." "What did you want them to do?" "This is on Gar not pax"

Rest of world: Paxson and Forman are morons

John Paxson is a great executive and solid basketball mind. The "GarPax" myth is just that: a myth. They are not of one mind.

The difference is, Paxson isn't a blowhard like Kenny Williams who just says exactly what he thinks whenever he wants.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 18, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
I doubt the Bulls sign anyone. They would have to pay luxury tax.

Hinrich deal put them below the tax (I thought) and gave them a bit of cushion to be able to do so.

Edit: I stand corrected. Per KC: "The move trims the Bulls' luxury-tax bill by close to $2.9 million, leaving them just $1.6 million over the tax. It also opens a roster spot for the Bulls to peruse the buyout pool next month."

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Feb 18, 2016 -> 08:30 PM)
Soxtalk: "Paxson is a great executive." "What did you want them to do?" "This is on Gar not pax"

Rest of world: Paxson and Forman are morons

They both should be out of their position after this season ends. Reinsdorf not exactly lighting it up with his GM/Manager (coach) combos of late.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
Per KCJHoop: Bulls getting Justin Holiday in that Hinrich trade as well, per source. It's a 3-team deal with the Jazz.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/holidju01.html

Jrue Holiday's brother.

I stand corrected.

So the Bulls were wheeling and dealing!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
Clippers gave up a 1st round pick in there trade with OKC for Jeff Green (where they dumped Lance). Doc continues to get pants in trades.

I think that pick is for 2019 and it fills the Clippers biggest need. The Clippers are going for it all, and they should be, with an aging Paul. Really difficult to dislike that trade from either side.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 18, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
I think that pick is for 2019 and it fills the Clippers biggest need. The Clippers are going for it all, and they should be, with an aging Paul. Really difficult to dislike that trade from either side.

Good luck with that Clippers.