2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 11:47 PM)
Look who they are throwing out there. Moore and Holiday were the starting back court tonight

Your point? Thibs ran garbage out there and they were still competent and competitive for the most part.

I want the Bulls to lose at this point but it's the manner they are losing that's alarming.

Hoiberg has no control over s***.

He should be gone when Gar is shown the door.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 12:29 AM)
Your point? Thibs ran garbage out there and they were still competent and competitive for the most part.

I want the Bulls to lose at this point but it's the manner they are losing that's alarming.

Yeah now all of a sudden injuries are an excuse not just for not winning championships, but for not making the playoffs. Thibs time was up yet he had the same injury problems Hoiberg has had. Noah, Rose, Taj, Bulter missed 15 games 2 years ago and 17 last year. He has missed 13 so far this season. If you hold them to the same standard, Hoiberg can't hold Thibs' dry erase, and should be shown the door. Now, I don't think it was fair to blame Thins at all for not being able to beat LeBron, so I won't blame Hoiberg for a roster full of guys that are going to be hurt a lot. But there is no question there was a pretty big downgrade at the head coaching position. That has to cost somebody.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
Yeah now all of a sudden injuries are an excuse not just for not winning championships, but for not making the playoffs. Thibs time was up yet he had the same injury problems Hoiberg has had. Noah, Rose, Taj, Bulter missed 15 games 2 years ago and 17 last year. He has missed 13 so far this season. If you hold them to the same standard, Hoiberg can't hold Thibs' dry erase, and should be shown the door. Now, I don't think it was fair to blame Thins at all for not being able to beat LeBron, so I won't blame Hoiberg for a roster full of guys that are going to be hurt a lot. But there is no question there was a pretty big downgrade at the head coaching position. That has to cost somebody.

if i remember correctly, i like many others didn't like the move of how hoiberg became head coach of the bulls. but in his defense, thibs did not become the coach he became overnite.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 06:55 AM)
if i remember correctly, i like many others didn't like the move of how hoiberg became head coach of the bulls. but in his defense, thibs did not become the coach he became overnite.

As a head coach, he kinda did.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 12:29 AM)

Exactly. Is Moore so much worse than jl3 or mike Thomas or whoever?

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
Yea, Thibs took his first team to the ECF. He was pretty much a good coach overnight

Thibs had success because he is an amazing defensive tactician. So good, in fact, that we miss the obvious problems in his coaching: He doesn't deal with locker room issues well at all and his offense is terrible. He belongs in the assistant coaching role as that's what he actually good at.

Hoiberg isn't any better as far as any of us can tell, but Thibodeau was a severely flawed coach.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 04:20 PM)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
Yea, Thibs took his first team to the ECF. He was pretty much a good coach overnight

well as a head coach yes he was and did have that 1st yr success.

but he had yrs of tenure as an asst coach in the NBA, from 1989 - 2010. so he had developed as a nba future head coach.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
Thibs had success because he is an amazing defensive tactician. So good, in fact, that we miss the obvious problems in his coaching: He doesn't deal with locker room issues well at all and his offense is terrible. He belongs in the assistant coaching role as that's what he actually good at.

Hoiberg isn't any better as far as any of us can tell, but Thibodeau was a severely flawed coach.

Thibs tried to implement the Spurs motion offense. The Bulls players couldn't pick it up so they went to a simplified pick and roll again. This current team cannot or will not pick up Hoiball. Yet, we want to keep the players and they're in danger of missing the playoffs.

And the core players respected him as a head coach and loved him outside of basketball. You have guys like Butler and Gibson who still have dinner with the guy. Deng came out and even spoke on how dirty the Bulls FO did Thibs and how it was stupid.

The whole minutes thing is super funny considering Hoiberg didn't deviate from what Thibs did. The injuries are still there though if not worse.

The best thing is, GarPax made this season transparent, even for casual fans who like to push the agenda that Thibs didn't know offense and didn't care for it. Exact same team from last year made it into Game 6 against the EC champs. This year, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs. Keep blaming Thibs though.

“What I always say is we had injuries before Tom came,’’ Deng said. “It’s not something that all of a sudden happened. It’s not like Thibs came in and our injury chart went up. I never complained about playing heavy minutes here. I always loved it. It was my best basketball. It’s when Chicago got to really realize who I am, and I thank Thibs for giving me that.

“I think if you ask any good player, if a player is complaining about too many minutes you have to be mature enough to go to the office and talk to the coach and tell him you want less minutes. If a player does that, as a coach I would listen and play him less minutes. But every player wants to play in this league. If they don’t then they need to question what they’re about.’’

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/deng-st...ch-thibs-wrong/

Edited by nitetrain8601

Fastest Bulls coach to 100 wins. .647 winning percentage despite most of the time being without his best player. Consistently named a top 5 coach in the league by league execs. Severely flawed my ass.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
Gasol is now out for a bit with a swollen knee lol.

Rose did not contact drills.

Butler playing tomorrow.

Maybe he'll blow out his knee this time. Apparently, that's what Tanaka and Swanson and Cole want since he's coming back for meaningless games at this point.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
Maybe he'll blow out his knee this time. Apparently, that's what Tanaka and Swanson and Cole want since he's coming back for meaningless games at this point.

Well, it's not meaningless when we're fighting for a playoff spot...

With the same group of players, the locker room was better and the offense was better. He somehow took a bad offense and made it top ten.

Unlike hoiberg, who cannot coach to his players, Thibs created a structured offense for a group that clearly has no improvisational ability.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 10:39 AM)
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Is this what people say when they know absolutely nothing about basketball?

How about instead of wasting space, you post something?

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)
Fastest Bulls coach to 100 wins. .647 winning percentage despite most of the time being without his best player. Consistently named a top 5 coach in the league by league execs. Severely flawed my ass.

If he were the coach you thought he was, he wouldn't be unemployed this year. If he were that good of a coach, the Kings would have already made a move.

"Execs" actions speak louder than their words. No top 5 coach would remain unemployed for an entire season. The fact is, they're scared of his awful minute management. Turn off ESPN for a while and use your brain.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
If he were the coach you thought he was, he wouldn't be unemployed this year. If he were that good of a coach, the Kings would have already made a move.

"Execs" actions speak louder than their words. No top 5 coach would remain unemployed for an entire season. The fact is, they're scared of his awful minute management. Turn off ESPN for a while and use your brain.

or maybe he's waiting for a good job opportunity instead of taking a position like the Nets or Kings that everyone knows has no chance to succeed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)
With the same group of players, the locker room was better and the offense was better. He somehow took a bad offense and made it top ten.

Unlike hoiberg, who cannot coach to his players, Thibs created a structured offense for a group that clearly has no improvisational ability.

excellent and i totally agree.

my post was meant to show something like that, but i couldn't find the words to describe what i meant. nice job.

it took many yrs for thibs to develop into what he is. a great coach.

however hoiberg can not make that adjustment from college players to nba player right now, who know what will happen in the future.

this kind of remind me of that temp coach who really bomb, Krause's friend Tim Floyd.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)

actually and no offense, but he did mention that since he is paid for 1 more yr as coach from the bulls contract, he is going to take that money and rest.

if he would've taken another coaching job, the bulls would have benefited from not paying his last yr of his contract.

in my opinion this is the last screw up move to the bulls org, making them pay while he is on vacation.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
or maybe he's waiting for a good job opportunity instead of taking a position like the Nets or Kings that everyone knows has no chance to succeed.

Yes. On the spectrum of Couldn't Get A Job

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)

Or just watch basketball. The dude's a genius and innovator when it comes to defense, but his offensive philosophy/abilities were garbage. And frankly his substitution/roster management wasn't very good either. I don't know how many times he'd put in Hinrich over Moore in the 4th as the lead was slipping away. He was too loyal and/or afraid of change.

I think the guy's a really good NBA coach. Maybe top 10-15. But with this roster and franchise, it just wasn't working anymore. I still have zero problem with the decision. It was the execution that deserves criticism.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
Is this what people say when they know absolutely nothing about basketball?

How about instead of wasting space, you post something?

You already have your opinion on the matter and you're a stubborn poster to boot. No, I will not engage but I will laugh at your silly comments.