2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
Yeah, sort of hard not to feel for the guy. Obviously that show is very "produced", but from what I saw he seemed like a fairly good dude and was doing his thing. We've probably all seen people not only deal with addiction, but also go to a bad place when they split from their significant other, and clearly he is not doing well.

Yeah - I hope he can pull out of this and get his life put back together. He seemed like a genuinely good dude. Everything seemed to spiral out after he went into the depression from his driver killing a kid with him in the car when he was attending a funeral for his cousin.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 3m3 minutes ago

Derrick Rose said he still gets double vision when he opens both eyes. This could take a while to subside.

OL' ONE EYE MASKED MAN

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 2h2 hours ago

But with one eye open, I think I could play pretty good.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 1h1 hour ago

How long for mask? "I hate getting my face touched so if I’m feeling it and we’re playing good, you might see it for the rest of my career"

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
OL' ONE EYE MASKED MAN

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 2h2 hours ago

But with one eye open, I think I could play pretty good.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 1h1 hour ago

How long for mask? "I hate getting my face touched so if I’m feeling it and we’re playing good, you might see it for the rest of my career"

You need a second eye to get depth perception...so I don't know how he can play with only one eye.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
I have to say I really cant stand Derrick Rose. Its not that meatball sports fan type of hate either. Its the "I know a dumb ass and bad dude when I see one" type of hate.

Based on? I mean I don't think he's smart, but why the "bad dude" opinion?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)
Based on? I mean I don't think he's smart, but why the "bad dude" opinion?

5 year $95 million contract with the Bulls. 13 year $185 million contract with Adidas.

There is no question his IQ isn't very high. I don't think he is a bad dude, but when he mentions free agency 2 years away as a means to get his family financial stable, he is being fed things by a bad dude. Reggie Rose did a great job keeping his little brother out of trouble and danger, no one can say otherwise. But he is also a well known asshole who apparently is all about getting every last dollar. If $280 million plus whatever he made befor these contracts isn't enough for him and several generations of Roses to be able to consider themselves financially stable, he needs a new financial advisor.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
I have to say I really cant stand Derrick Rose. Its not that meatball sports fan type of hate either. Its the "I know a dumb ass and bad dude when I see one" type of hate.

Can't stand is a good way to put it. I don't hate the guy. It isn't like he is a wife beater, a rapist, or Jay Cutler. But the guy just irks me every single time he opens his mouth. He could own this town if he would shut his mouth for a while, but he has no desire to do anything but worry about himself outloud.