2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow. They couldn't put them away at home. LeBron always has a chance. If Cleveland takes care of business at home, we have a game seven.

This could be just like the OKC series in reverse. Golden State blowing a 3-1 lead.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 09:26 PM)
Not really. I just want to watch basketball and this continues to not feel like basketball. I don't find it fun watching a known outcome and a bunch of threes.

So you prefer that the league not utilize the most efficient shot in basketball outside of dunks/layups because it's not what you grew up with? The game has never been more aesthetically pleasing/entertaining than it is now.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 11:34 PM)
I'm not the biggest Jimmy Butler fan and would be on board with dealing him. Minnesota can't get it done without Wiggins though. Not in this draft. #5, Lavine, and Dieng doesn't get it done. Butler is too good.

I will gladly take Zach LaVine. But I will say I don't think Dieng is enough of a third piece to get it done.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 12:16 AM)
So you prefer that the league not utilize the most efficient shot in basketball outside of dunks/layups because it's not what you grew up with? The game has never been more aesthetically pleasing/entertaining than it is now.

I never said I was being rational. I am tired of watching the Warriors hot 20 threes per game. So I got pissy. Good game last night.

I want a game 7 on father's day. Cavs got hot, but that type of game will typically result in a Cav's loss (not a lot of ball movement, etc, but LBJ and Kryie hit their shots so it worked).

PS: I was a wuss...am on the east coast and fell asleep when there was like 5 minutes to go (such a late start...opposite of my west coast complaints). Didn't help that I was up at 4 AM PST to get out to the east coast the same day.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 12:11 AM)
They'll never trade Wiggins. Too risky that he's the next big thing. Trade will never get done cause Bulls will demand Wiggins be included IMO.

Probably not but Thibs isn't married to Wiggins. Wiggins and #5 gets it done for me. I'm not sure Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine, and Dieng is enough for Butler.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 05:55 AM)
Probably not but Thibs isn't married to Wiggins. Wiggins and #5 gets it done for me. I'm not sure Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine, and Dieng is enough for Butler.

Wiggins and the 5th pick and the deal is done. If you don't get Wiggins, I'm not making this deal. By the way, there is no way the Wolves are going to give up the #5 & Wiggins without intense pressure from another team (i.e,. Boston offering the #3, Brooklyn's unprotected pick in next years draft, and like Crowder or Olynk (or however the hell you spell it). I don't think Bulls would turn down either of those deals and to be frank, those are the only type of deals I'm going to make if I were in the Bulls shoes (and I put odds on either team offering up that as relatively low). My preference would be on the Wiggins and the 5th (but I still don't see a lot of reasons why Twolves would do it).

Basically unless a huge bidding war breaks out over Butler, I think he stays with the Bulls. The real question is what happens with DRose, imo. I still think he goes somewhere for a late 1st. I don't expect Durant to leave OKC which is what could actually put the Bulls in an interesting spot (regarding Butler) as he'd be the best, potentially on the block asset in the league.

My big problem is I don't want Hoiberg around and I don't like Gar. If we had a better coach, I'd be more comfortable moving Butler, but than again, if we had a better coach, I honestly don't think we are talking about moving Butler and instead are talking about moving Rose and finding a good point guard and other young talent to surround around Buckets. So kind of a who knows. I do think Rose needs to leave Chicago and he'll probably get better being another year removed from injuries, etc, but he clearly is too soft of a player and since he isn't a great passer and isn't a great outside shooter, his style isn't going to work that well in this current NBA regime unless he really wants to play aggressive and attack.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)
Wiggins and the 5th pick and the deal is done. If you don't get Wiggins, I'm not making this deal. By the way, there is no way the Wolves are going to give up the #5 & Wiggins without intense pressure from another team (i.e,. Boston offering the #3, Brooklyn's unprotected pick in next years draft, and like Crowder or Olynk (or however the hell you spell it). I don't think Bulls would turn down either of those deals and to be frank, those are the only type of deals I'm going to make if I were in the Bulls shoes (and I put odds on either team offering up that as relatively low). My preference would be on the Wiggins and the 5th (but I still don't see a lot of reasons why Twolves would do it).

Basically unless a huge bidding war breaks out over Butler, I think he stays with the Bulls. The real question is what happens with DRose, imo. I still think he goes somewhere for a late 1st. I don't expect Durant to leave OKC which is what could actually put the Bulls in an interesting spot (regarding Butler) as he'd be the best, potentially on the block asset in the league.

My big problem is I don't want Hoiberg around and I don't like Gar. If we had a better coach, I'd be more comfortable moving Butler, but than again, if we had a better coach, I honestly don't think we are talking about moving Butler and instead are talking about moving Rose and finding a good point guard and other young talent to surround around Buckets. So kind of a who knows. I do think Rose needs to leave Chicago and he'll probably get better being another year removed from injuries, etc, but he clearly is too soft of a player and since he isn't a great passer and isn't a great outside shooter, his style isn't going to work that well in this current NBA regime unless he really wants to play aggressive and attack.

The Timberwolves wouldn't trade Wiggins straight up for Butler.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 06:47 AM)
The Timberwolves wouldn't trade Wiggins straight up for Butler.

I think they would. The Bulls would probably do Wiggins plus a combination of other players without the 5 pick. I think getting both would be extremely unlikely, if not impossible, however, if you get a bidding war between teams, who have young assets plus high picks, it does create the potential possibility. I think a Wiggins and a piece deal would be a lot more probable than any deal centered around the 5th pick (Wiggins trade value > 5th pick).

Trading Butler for anything other than a top 2 pick in this draft is dumb, even if you get a guy like Wiggins. Why would you trade a franchise player (even a lower end one) for a couple of prospects that percentages say will never pan out?

All but about 5 teams in the league continue searching for an all-star quality player to build their team around. The Bulls have one. It would be moronic to let that go.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 11:31 PM)
Holy cow. They couldn't put them away at home. LeBron always has a chance. If Cleveland takes care of business at home, we have a game seven.

This could be just like the OKC series in reverse. Golden State blowing a 3-1 lead.

Quick Greg, start proclaiming this is Golden States year and no one will stop them.. I wanna see LeBron win one for Cleveland

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
Trading Butler for anything other than a top 2 pick in this draft is dumb, even if you get a guy like Wiggins. Why would you trade a franchise player (even a lower end one) for a couple of prospects that percentages say will never pan out?

All but about 5 teams in the league continue searching for an all-star quality player to build their team around. The Bulls have one. It would be moronic to let that go.

Because Jimmy Butler can't be the best player on a championship team. I'd rather roll with Wiggins and Dunn and the cap relief. I obviously wouldn't do it without Wiggins involved though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Because Jimmy Butler can't be the best player on a championship team. I'd rather roll with Wiggins and Dunn and the cap relief. I obviously wouldn't do it without Wiggins involved though.

He's a great #2 on a very cap friendly deal. He's a piece that can, in theory, attract another star FA to be #1.