2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:03 PM)
I think the Bulls win tonight. They usually do much better in the regular season against the Cavs/LeBron. It is when the season is on the line that the LeBron led teams crush the Bulls.

This is my completely uneducated guess as well. Im somewhat intrigued to see how they do under a new coach.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
This is my completely uneducated guess as well. Im somewhat intrigued to see how they do under a new coach.

Without defense, I don't know. The bulls were never really offensive juggernauts, they just shut other teams down.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Without defense, I don't know. The bulls were never really offensive juggernauts, they just shut other teams down.

Hence the intrigue. My dislike of Thib's is well documented on this forum and one of the issues was (imo) about his offense.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Hence the intrigue. My dislike of Thib's is well documented on this forum and one of the issues was (imo) about his offense.

I dont think the defense is going to drop off as much as people think. Thibs defensive concepts had been largely adopted across the league and the Bulls still have a lot of experience playing it. I just dont think their entire tape sessions will be dedicated to it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
I dont think the defense is going to drop off as much as people think. Thibs defensive concepts had been largely adopted across the league and the Bulls still have a lot of experience playing it. I just dont think their entire tape sessions will be dedicated to it.

I agree. Its not like football where they are entirely changing the defensive concept. They are almost undoubtedly going to give up more points, but that will be because they play at a faster pace.

The defense last year sucked. I think 19th overall. They were slipping even with Thibs. That's partly do to Gasol being awful and having a broken Noah, so they should be a little better this year. This team is going to be in 115-105 games more than 85-80. Thank. Freaking. God.

Edited by Jenksismybitch