2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
Struggled? Not sure how winning 4-2 is a "struggle."

Already this year they've beaten western playoffs teams by 20 (Rockets), 14 (Pelicans), Grizz (50!!!), Clips (4), and the Grizz again (16). Yes, it's early. Yes, they could still lose. But there's really no reason to think they've lost anything from last year and they seem to be even BETTER now. The reigning MVP also appears to be better. Not sure how they aren't the favorites. We can all keep saying "Lebron cuz Lebron" but statistically he's likely to get there and lose, not get there and win.

Look at those games though. In a series from afar 4-2 doesn't look tough at all, but it's one game from going 7. Cleveland had no business winning two games, especially with Love and Irving out. They are definitely not better without those two. Not sure what people are smoking.

I think SA, OKC and the Clippers will be a tough road if everyone is healthy. Doc does need to get his head out of his ass though. His in game adjustments are horrid. Also, what others fail to mention is Klay doesn't look nearly as good this year. Not even close. Once you get into the playoffs though, you will see teams make a concerted effort to chase them off the 3 point line and double Steph every step of the way.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
It all depends on the team, but I still think we match up well against the top teams in the league. If I look at the Warriors, they are deep, but so are we. We are more physical in the interior and have better interior defense, they are more skilled on the outside and better shooters with the biggest differential being Curry >>>> Rose. That said, the Rose that has played vs. elite point guards has been pretty good and I still think we are going to see the best version of post-injury Rose this year and Butler is a good match-up against Thompson. I certainly wouldn't favor the Bulls but I wouldn't call it the biggest upset in NBA history either (plus, you never know what each teams health will be at that point...I'd hope that the eastern conference team that makes it to the championship game would have really only had one true test...i.e., Cleveland).

I don't like the Bulls at all. I like them alot less with their current state. With that said, they should have cap space to sign a max FA, but chances are they won't. If they were smart though, they wouldn't bother wasting time with Durant and instead go after Hassan Whiteside. That means letting go of Pau, Noah and that's 100% fine with me.

Whiteside

Mirotic

McDermott

Butler

Rose

Draft Kris Dunn out of Providence in the draft and if Rose still hasn't figured it out, I'd let him walk.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)
Bulls win. Hate to say it, but Hinrich was very good in Brooks' role.

Terrific game from Noah.

The Hoiberg offense ran so much smoother off the bench with Hinrich out their. Last year Brooks had to hijack things cause we had very few scorers off the bench, this year, that will be different (especially when MDJ comes back).

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 16, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
That reminds me- when Dunleavy is back, how do we divide up McDermott/Snell minutes? I would say slide Snell to backup 2, but I like Moore there.

McDermott plays. Snell sits.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 07:03 AM)
7-3

This is about where they belong. Pau looks old and bad, Jo is basically toast, Rose can't really get up for any sort of consistency... Niko can't guard Kyyle. The Bulls are destined for a 2nd round exit.

cut this man

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 07:03 AM)
7-3

This is about where they belong. Pau looks old and bad, Jo is basically toast, Rose can't really get up for any sort of consistency... Niko can't guard Kyyle. The Bulls are destined for a 2nd round exit.

They haven't looked great but I believe they are #2 in the East

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
Bulls defense has been strong. Right now they are just so inconsistent. Niko was brutal as was the Bulls free throw shooting. Niko's D was just awful. Way too many easy 3's.

Nikko is pretty worthless if he's not hitting shots. Rose still has the worst jump shot in the entire league. For a guy making so much money, and being out for so f***ing long, you'd think he would have developed one by now. I literally cringe anytime he shoots. "Trying" bank shots from 18 feet? Wtf?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Nikko is pretty worthless if he's not hitting shots. Rose still has the worst jump shot in the entire league. For a guy making so much money, and being out for so f***ing long, you'd think he would have developed one by now. I literally cringe anytime he shoots. "Trying" bank shots from 18 feet? Wtf?

I understand complaining, but most all of his shots last night were good shots and he hit the vast majority of his bank shots. He was shooting a ton of short to mid range shots last night. It is the longer shots that I don't want him taking and with blurry vision I'm somewhat surprised he's been able to have some of these good games. Rose was very good last night.