2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
Nikko is pretty worthless if he's not hitting shots. Rose still has the worst jump shot in the entire league. For a guy making so much money, and being out for so f***ing long, you'd think he would have developed one by now. I literally cringe anytime he shoots. "Trying" bank shots from 18 feet? Wtf?

I believe he missed only one of those bank shots, and he was by far the best offensive player for the Bulls last night. So.....

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
I believe he missed only one of those bank shots, and he was by far the best offensive player for the Bulls last night. So.....

All but one looked ugly. I mean i'm happy he was making them, I just don't trust that he'll hit a shot. He should be driving and kicking, not shooting 20 footers.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
All but one looked ugly. I mean i'm happy he was making them, I just don't trust that he'll hit a shot. He should be driving and kicking, not shooting 20 footers.

How can a clean bank shot from below the free throw line look ugly? He was by far the most effective offensive player on the floor for the Bulls.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)

I would argue players completely underuse the backboard. That shot is easier using the glass and he was extremely effective with it. I hope he uses it more.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
I would argue players completely underuse the backboard. That shot is easier using the glass and he was extremely effective with it. I hope he uses it more.

Especially when he shoots line drives like that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
Is that who we play after the Suns? Any word on Rose's status? Are they going to take it easy and have him miss tonight?

Yes, and he's listed as doubtful for tonight. We'll see if he's a go for Friday. They're just being cautious

I had to write an essay mathematically predicting what Derrick Rose's career would be like (written right after his MVP season) in 2011. I saw it today for the first time since I wrote it. This was part of my concluding thoughts.

Given that he is only 22 years old, Rose still has time to reach his prime. 25 points and 8 assists per game may be difficult to improve upon, but if anyone can do it, it is Rose. Bulls fans should be ready to see someone who may become of the greatest point guards of all-time for the next 15 years. Rose is just getting started, and once he gets a better supporting cast, he could very well win multiple championships for Chicago.

Sad.

Well, looks like it was an entertaining game. Glad it was on at midnight.

I have to say...Hinrich is the #2 PG on this team. Brooks is so bad, he has one idea every time he goes up and when its not there he chucks it.

Moore also not playing well. Would love trade Taj for backup guard help.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)

I have to say...Hinrich is the #2 PG on this team. Brooks is so bad, he has one idea every time he goes up and when its not there he chucks it.

Hinrich has looked surprisingly good. With all the wear and tear on his body over the years he could have just packed it in like I expected him to but he hasnt.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
Jimmy Butler was fire tonight, especially in the fourth quarter. Holy crap. Also, surprisingly good game from Kirk Hinrich. Go figure.

Hinrich was awesome last night. And you know damn well I loved every minute of it!!! And Buckets was just absurd in the 4th. I thought we were going to blow that game. Played such stupid basketball at times. Suns completely outworked us. We had sloppy passing, got lazy on offense, horrific job of boxing out. Thankfully Buckets put the team on his back.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 07:09 AM)

Brooks wasn't the usual black hole he was last night. Much better ball movement out of him, however, Hinrich is still the best backup PG we have on the roster and he seems to be doing a nice job running the Hoiberg offense. They are getting good overall movement with him in the system. The key is we got to limit his minutes to where he can be effective. If he has to get a starter role or log heavy reserve minutes his effectiveness and play turns to crap.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 07:13 AM)
Hinrich has looked surprisingly good. With all the wear and tear on his body over the years he could have just packed it in like I expected him to but he hasnt.

3rd in franchise history in games played. Guy is the epitome of class and is a fantastic teammate. I for one am happy we have him. Just have to be smart with our useage of him. The unfortunate part is, in an ideal scenario, he'd be our #3.