2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 07:14 AM)
Rose will play. Bulls' last win in Portland came in 2007. Rose also tore his meniscus in Portland a few years ago.

I'll be there. Glad Rose should be playing. I don't get to go to a Bulls game but once a year these days. Let's have no repeat of the 2013 game.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
I'll be there. Glad Rose should be playing. I don't get to go to a Bulls game but once a year these days. Let's have no repeat of the 2013 game.

Awesome, I hope its a good one.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)

Have a good time Ed, I will be attending when Bulls come to Dallas day after Christmas.

I'm still waiting for the Bulls offense to look better than it did under Thibs like we were promised. Instead they are much worse offensively than they were last year and even when Thibs was without Rose for entire seasons they weren't this bad.

The offense f***ing sucks right now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 11:23 PM)
It's MUCH worse than MJ the Wizard. These alphas just don't know when it's time to quit.

In his two years with the Wizards Jordan put up PERs of 20.7 and 19.3. Those are still pretty dang good numbers, especially for a 38-40 year old who sat out for 3 years.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
I'm still waiting for the Bulls offense to look better than it did under Thibs like we were promised. Instead they are much worse offensively than they were last year and even when Thibs was without Rose for entire seasons they weren't this bad.

The offense f***ing sucks right now.

I look at it as, at times, the offense looks pretty crisp and good and at other times, it is awful. Part of that is because Snell and Niko have had large stretches where they not only can't make a basket, but take a ton of awful shots. That and Rose sometimes plays with the right pace and at other times, doesn't. I have seen some sets where our ball movement and screens, etc, is really impressive. The Blazer announcers were commenting on that at quite a few different times last night about how much movement our offense can have and how hard it can be to defend (when it is going, which at times last night it was, and then everytime we'd explode to the lead, we'd let it back). Defense was largely very impressive.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
They got really lucky tonight. McCollum and Lillard both missed a lot of easy shots. Fantastic defense on that last possession though.

Lucky...define luck. Yes, they could have blown it, but they dominated the game and just kept taking the foot off the gas. The Blazers announcers were befuddled as to how the Blazers were even in the game. Right now, the Bulls are extremely hot / cold and I'm not surprised given new coach / system.

Rose had a nasty (the good kind) stretch in that 3rd quarter.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 04:48 AM)
Lets also keep in mind that Kobe has had multiple catastrophic leg injuries in the past few years, and MJ did not.

And he's barely played in two years. I give the excuse to Rose for how long it takes to get back and that same excuse applies to Kobe. I am not saying he'll be prime Kobe, but if he can stay healthy and build his stamina and comfort up, he'll get better.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
And he's barely played in two years. I give the excuse to Rose for how long it takes to get back and that same excuse applies to Kobe. I am not saying he'll be prime Kobe, but if he can stay healthy and build his stamina and comfort up, he'll get better.

The thing is, he should not be asserting himself as 2010 Kobe. He needs to pay attention to his teammates.

I don't know if Butler intentionally tripped him or if it was just part of the tumble. Looked like it was intentional but could have been inadvertent. If it was intentional, I'd expect a suspension but league office was reviewing the play when it happened and all he got was the T (probably more for getting in his face afterwards than anything else). Butler and Plumlee had words a couple plays earlier (I noticed...never heard the announcers say anything). Plumlee drilled him after the screen. I love Butler's edge (and also don't really have an issue with Plumlee either). That said, going for the legs is dirty.