2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Yeah. Highly doubt he would not be playing now if he had double vision.

Reggie Miller said his double vision lasted for 6 months after the same injury.

Say what you will about Rose, he's never come across as a liar.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 12:17 AM)
This team does need a kick up its ass. Weird that it had to come from a player though. Hopefully Hoiberg learns. He does seem to be learning on the job.

Bulls could get knocked out in the first round this year. Interested to see if management keeps treating them like championship contenders.

Hoiberg really doesn't seem like much of a game changer.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
This team does need a kick up its ass. Weird that it had to come from a player though. Hopefully Hoiberg learns. He does seem to be learning on the job.

Jimmy is a Thibs guy. No reason for him to make those comments to the media.

But Gar/Pax set themselves up for this. They leaked info to the press making it appear everyone was sick of playing for tyrant Thibs. We also know how the GM hiring his buddy tends to work out.

It is a mismatch. Hoiberg could be a great coach and fun to play for, but the Bulls personnel doesn't seem to jive with what he wants to do. Maybe something will click here soon,,and they actually will look like they hav a shot. I don't think so though, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jimmy is trying to talk his way out of town.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 06:33 AM)
Jimmy is a Thibs guy. No reason for him to make those comments to the media.

But Gar/Pax set themselves up for this. They leaked info to the press making it appear everyone was sick of playing for tyrant Thibs. We also know how the GM hiring his buddy tends to work out.

It is a mismatch. Hoiberg could be a great coach and fun to play for, but the Bulls personnel doesn't seem to jive with what he wants to do. Maybe something will click here soon,,and they actually will look like they hav a shot. I don't think so though, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jimmy is trying to talk his way out of town.

The first year into a big deal isn't a very good time to talk your way out of town

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
It was Thibs time to go, but I sure as hell am not seeing what GarPax saw in Hoiberg.
Because JR-owned franchises believe this statement is 100% incorrect. You're supposed to play favorites, up and down the list.

"It's not even about being coached a certain way for five years," Butler said. "It's making everybody do their job. We weren't doing what we were supposed to be doing, what we wrote up on that board before the game, and nobody spoke up about it. I did probably not enough times, but I think that he has to hold everybody accountable. From the No. 1 player all the way down to however many guys we got. You got to hold everybody accountable; everybody has to do their job. You win your matchup, you do your job, we win the game."

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 06:47 AM)
The first year into a big deal isn't a very good time to talk your way out of town

Jimmy stays. GarPax needs to go. They are ruining this team.

I know it takes time to gel and s*** but Hoiberg just isn't that impressing so far. Sorta like a Chip Kelly of the NBA but it might be too early to say something like that.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
At least Fred is admitting some of his mistakes.

Not sure how those mistakes are being made at this level. Bulls had the ball with the game tied against Detroit. Rather than call Timeout and advance the ball to the front court, they threw it into Tony Snell for an 88 footer.

Hoiberg has been disappointing to say the least.