2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
They so need to pull the plug and start aiming for at least next season, if not 2 years from now.

What plug exactly would you like them to pull, this isn't baseball

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
Most exciting basketball player I have ever seen. Does it without world class athleticism

That he is. Like I said before, if you don't get GS this year, you're not going to get them for a while. Their 4 best players are 27 and younger. They're so tailor-made for the modern nba it's silly. It's just like when the Bulls took off in the 90's. Magic got HIV, Bird's back broke, the Pistons got old and you had expansion left and right that thinned out all the rosters. MJ+PIP+PF=Game over. Same for the Warriors.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 11:36 PM)
You're not kidding. I thought they were going to find a way to blow it and they nearly did. All's well that ends (sorta) well. Good to win without Jimmy!

It is always great when you are so healthy you have Kirk, Etwaan, and company closing out a game.

I saw a lot of the same from the Bulls though. Just terrible decision making and practically blowing it again. All the while I look and there is good ole Hoiberg not doing a thing. I missed my telecasts where all I could hear was Thibs yelling at the guys and making sure they knew where they needed to be, etc. Hoiberg seems to be attempting to be Phil, but Phil had a plethora of rings and wasn't that way in his career when he established himself.

And by the way, I'm not saying Hoiberg is a bad coach cause he isn't shouting, but jesus, he barely looks like he's ever even talking to anyone. Literally he looks like he doesn't coach. I know that can't be the case but with some of these lapses we've seen from a veteran team, it certainly makes me feel that he has significant issues that he's going to have to figure out. Was he this lax at ISU (I know he is never going to be a shouter and that is fine, but was he so quiet from the perspective that he never talked on the sidelines)?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 04:07 PM)
I saw a lot of the same from the Bulls though. Just terrible decision making and practically blowing it again. All the while I look and there is good ole Hoiberg not doing a thing. I missed my telecasts where all I could hear was Thibs yelling at the guys and making sure they knew where they needed to be, etc. Hoiberg seems to be attempting to be Phil, but Phil had a plethora of rings and wasn't that way in his career when he established himself.

And by the way, I'm not saying Hoiberg is a bad coach cause he isn't shouting, but jesus, he barely looks like he's ever even talking to anyone. Literally he looks like he doesn't coach. I know that can't be the case but with some of these lapses we've seen from a veteran team, it certainly makes me feel that he has significant issues that he's going to have to figure out. Was he this lax at ISU (I know he is never going to be a shouter and that is fine, but was he so quiet from the perspective that he never talked on the sidelines)?

Thought he had a chance to take a timeout or two to help Rose get some rest in the last few minutes of that game. The Bulls announcers were discussing how gassed Rose was.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
Thought he had a chance to take a timeout or two to help Rose get some rest in the last few minutes of that game. The Bulls announcers were discussing how gassed Rose was.

I will say that the offense looked a lot more fluid and continues to look more "fluid" when one of Rose / Butler is out. They have to figure out a way to get those two to make each other and everyone else on the court better. Bulls are having there worst stretch while Rose is playing much better ball. It makes sense as they haven't had a ton of minutes but I haven't seen much out of Hoiberg to give me faith that he can help tweak the system (especially since they really aren't running anything) that will maximize everyone's strengths.

Hopefully Dunleavy helps things out (obviously he won't make an immediate impact given how much time he's missed).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 10:07 AM)

I could be 100% wrong, but I thought I heard that he couldn't get himself worked up due to the pacemaker. So him seeming lax is due to to that. I agree, it's frustrating to watch, but I'd rather him not pass out on the sideline either.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
I could be 100% wrong, but I thought I heard that he couldn't get himself worked up due to the pacemaker. So him seeming lax is due to to that. I agree, it's frustrating to watch, but I'd rather him not pass out on the sideline either.

That is fair enough and I totally agree. That said, I'm just amazed at how little he seems to speak while on the sidelines (maybe because the only way you can is to shout given how loud it is in various arenas). Oh how I miss Thibs horse voice throughout the telecasts, haha.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 57m57 minutes ago

Chicago's Nikola Mirotic has been discharged from hospital after two procedures, with post-ASB target return, sources tell The Vertical.

Targeting a post ASB return. ...The Vertical has great sources. That is some insight.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
SportsCenter @SportsCenter

Manu Ginobili will be sidelined for at least one month after having surgery for testicular injury suffered Wednesday in game vs Pelicans.

Oh my... How did he manage that?

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/13...ooks-pick-fight

Yes, DeMarcus Cousins once again had a problem with the Bulls. For the past few years, Mike Dunleavy has ticked off the Kings big man. This time it was assistant coach Randy Brown.

Well, sort of.

Cousins approached the former guard after the win Wednesday, and had some choice words for Brown. One member of the Bulls said that Cousins thought Brown was talking trash to him from the bench, but “it wasn’t even him.’’

“Of course he’s going to pick a fight with the smallest guy on the bench,’’ one member of the Bulls said of Cousins.

That would be huge for Denver. Their rebuild has seemed kind of haphazard, but they have nice assets.

The denver nuggets trade Nurkic, Gary Harris and 2 first round picks for Blake Griffin

*bulls fans heads explode*

Obviously a joke trade, just saying.