2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 6, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
JR not getting his money's worth from former soft-spoken players

Just listening to Thibbs talk with Simmons on his podcast pissed me off even more. To hear how smart he is mixed with the results he got. Putting pride over production by GarPax was bush league. Guys are still getting hurt with him gone.

He'll get another job somewhere and win a title before the Bulls do.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2016 -> 02:54 PM)
There is no point in watching the Bulls until you get some of their starters back in the line up. With all of the injuries, this team is devoid of talent at pretty much every spot on the floor.

The thing is, this team has been an assembled squad of injury prone players. And we knew that before. Hell, I've gone on record as saying it for years when Derrick first got injured. Noah's been injury prone. Taj has been. Deng has been. Kirk definitely had been. They wanted to place the blame on Thibs for running guys into the ground, but the reality is, they assembled a team full of brittle players, didn't let Thibs hire his own health team when he became coach, and proceeded to watch guys get injured at key times and blamed it on him.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 7, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
The thing is, this team has been an assembled squad of injury prone players. And we knew that before. Hell, I've gone on record as saying it for years when Derrick first got injured. Noah's been injury prone. Taj has been. Deng has been. Kirk definitely had been. They wanted to place the blame on Thibs for running guys into the ground, but the reality is, they assembled a team full of brittle players, didn't let Thibs hire his own health team when he became coach, and proceeded to watch guys get injured at key times and blamed it on him.

I have been saying the same thing. They tried to blame injuries on the taskmaster for playing them too much and practicing too hard, but the same guys keep getting hurt. Apparently Thibs was supposed to treat these guys like Star Wars toys and never take them out of the package. The problem is if these guys play, they are going to get hurt. They aren't going to suddenly be playing 82 games a year.

Gar said they have a championship roster. That is all you need to know.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 7, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)

Yet it is Jimmy Butler, Nikola Mirotic, and Dunleavy that are also out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2016 -> 07:14 PM)
Yet it is Jimmy Butler, Nikola Mirotic, and Dunleavy that are also out.

MDJ has been a known injury prone player. Jimmy Butler isn't playing any less than he did last year. And I'm sure his usage is higher. Mirotic is such a non factor, I wouldn't care if he was playing.