2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)
Do we think Jackson might move off of this "triangle offense" kick finally?

What he did to Fisher was brutal. Made him install the triangle with zero players that fit the system(not to mention it is antiquated), gave him absolute s*** rosters which were further gutted, and then fired him

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
Is it really Fish's fault the Knicks have no talent? Or has he also proven he's a lousy coach?

how could one even tell if he is a lousy coach

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
What he did to Fisher was brutal. Made him install the triangle with zero players that fit the system(not to mention it is antiquated), gave him absolute s*** rosters which were further gutted, and then fired him

how could one even tell if he is a lousy coach

After asking my question, I did see a report saying the Knicks had already decided Fisher wasn't transitioning appropriately between his role as a player and a coach (per Windhorst). I'm guessing those are things you could visually see, despite the lack of a roster. That said, you'd also expect some of those things, given that he hasn't coached, and you can't expect him to be an expert overnight. I have a similar belief about Hoiberg (as much as I complain about him, I try to remind myself the NBA game is a lot different than the college game). But that is the optimist in me who always wants to hold out hope. Hell, I kept hoping one day a switch would go on for Del Negro, LOL (who I long said was terrible, but at least had the excuse, with the Bulls, for being inexperienced).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
Maybe if Niko had built off of last year instead of becoming hot garbage.

I was really excited for Niko but pretty clear he was more valuable as an asset. A lot of people were saying that at the time

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
Rose out tonight with "soreness all over"

lolol

Jimmy is "feeling a lot better." And Nikola is "starting to eat again which is good."

Rose says he is hopeful he will play vs. Atlanta on Wednesday.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
GarPax logic, they already made a trade Dunleavy is healthy :P

You know that's what they're going to say. It's amazing how scared they are to make a deal, either going for it like in past years or blow it up like they should this year.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
What he do?

Hit a few 3's late to get the Magic game to OT which they ended up winning.

Interesting side note though, the Bulls have been after a wing all season, and the Magic are listening to offers for Tobias Harris now.

Wonder if he'd fit what Chicago would be after there, I mean he can play the 4 spot in a smallball lineup as well.

Probably a lot depends on whether they think his 4/64 contract is value for money and what it'd cost to get him (we're after veteran players who can make a difference now apparently.....)