2015-2016 NBA Thread

Somewhat surprising Lou Canellis on DRose sitting out on Monday. I totally agree.

“I’ll never question a player who says he’s hurt, but sore! Everyone at the end of a seven-game road trip has general soreness. Rose’s teammates needed him last night. No Butler, no Noah, no Mirotic and desperate for a win. Sore, smarting or sick—this team needed it’s hottest player. They’re free-falling right out of the playoff picture. The Bulls had no shot without Rose, and they knew it. They were defeated at the tip, giving up 38 first-quarter points to a below-five-hundred team.

“Defense is about effort, not talent. So quit making excuses for Rose. He should have been out there.”

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
Everyone seems to forget that Derrick used to play through everything. Then he got hurt.

He got mind-f***ed by those injuries.

Agreed. I'm sure any number of us have been injured doing an activity and have struggled to return to doing the activity again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
Somewhat surprising Lou Canellis on DRose sitting out on Monday. I totally agree.

“I’ll never question a player who says he’s hurt, but sore! Everyone at the end of a seven-game road trip has general soreness. Rose’s teammates needed him last night. No Butler, no Noah, no Mirotic and desperate for a win. Sore, smarting or sick—this team needed it’s hottest player. They’re free-falling right out of the playoff picture. The Bulls had no shot without Rose, and they knew it. They were defeated at the tip, giving up 38 first-quarter points to a below-five-hundred team.

“Defense is about effort, not talent. So quit making excuses for Rose. He should have been out there.”

Pop does it, he is a freaking genius...

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
Everyone seems to forget that Derrick used to play through everything. Then he got hurt.

He got mind-f***ed by those injuries.

In one of the promos he did for Adidas after his first injury, he famously said he'll die on the court for basketball. That's D Rose in his previous life.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
They'll make the playoffs. I bet they go on a nice little run sometime in March that gets everyone super excited.

IDK. the east is much better (not saying a whole lot, but it's clearly better) than the last few years. We'll see where they're at when Butler gets back.

So I know people love to talk about defense when a team is "underachieving" but its funny to me that the entire focus of the Bulls' players and coaches has been on their defense when their offense has been a far bigger issue all year. They are just a terrible offensive basketball team.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)
In one of the promos he did for Adidas after his first injury, he famously said he'll die on the court for basketball. That's D Rose in his previous life.

I miss that Derrick.

Even he couldn't save this team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 05:38 AM)
Are you on some planet where Derrick Rose still has trade value? The only way you're dealing him is for a worse contract.

yes I am, the planet where other NBA reporters have indicated Rose could be traded. I'm not saying you'd get something for him, but someone would take him off of our hands (especially with where the cap is headed).

Does Gar make it to the deadline. This team is just horrific. There record in there last 18 is just absurd. I read some quotes from Korver on the Bulls and he talked about how Thibs ingrained everything into your brain and the detailed approach, etc, and how it will take the new players more time. But than he talked about our offense and how Thibs used to call every play (like most coaches do) but not with Fred. If Fred was going to do that, he'd need a silky smooth PG like Chris Paul or prime Nash. Otherwise, offenses and teams need coaching. I feel like Fred is afraid to coach, to be frank.

A Bulls team once known for defense gave up at least 100 points to an opponent for the seventh straight game Wednesday.

Makes me f***ing sad. This was a team that as a fan you could be so proud of (even when they weren't winning, they were doing everything right). How fast the bandaid is getting ripped. This is just painful and downright embarassing. Gar has to go. The Bulls have to make a statement.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
Does Gar make it to the deadline. This team is just horrific. There record in there last 18 is just absurd. I read some quotes from Korver on the Bulls and he talked about how Thibs ingrained everything into your brain and the detailed approach, etc, and how it will take the new players more time. But than he talked about our offense and how Thibs used to call every play (like most coaches do) but not with Fred. If Fred was going to do that, he'd need a silky smooth PG like Chris Paul or prime Nash. Otherwise, offenses and teams need coaching. I feel like Fred is afraid to coach, to be frank.

I dont feel like he has the respect he needs to coach a team. Not really sure he will get it, either