2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)
Yes, it was specifically not Hoiberg. I don't know how anyone makes that mistake.

You don't know how anyone can make that mistake? Sorry, Hoiberg was an assistant GM when they drafted Flynn and Rubio ahead of Curry. I still think that's enough not to want him as GM.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4506863

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
You don't know how anyone can make that mistake? Sorry, Hoiberg was an assistant GM when they drafted Flynn and Rubio ahead of Curry. I still think that's enough not to want him as GM.

He is not the GM, he is the head coach. And lets not pretend like everyone knew Curry was going to become possibly the best shooter in the history of the league when he was drafted.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
Yeah,blaming losses now on injury, LMAO. They have been hurt ever since Rose's MVP year. Even with minutes restrictions. Even without Thibs. Noah used to get hurt before Thibs was ever there.

What I don't get about Greenstein and anyone else who thinks Thibs being gone had to happen, how can you say that, but come up with excuses this season? They had the coach they wanted. They had the roster they wanted, and now it's worse than ever. Even their players are saying they are losing games they used to win. Taj getting hurt? Is that something new? He gets hurt every season. If you aren't going to get rid of Gar/Pax, you must get rid of Hoiberg.

I guess what I said is irrelevant, but really just adding context. That 2014 team was one of the most impressive coaching jobs I've ever seen, unfortunately tarnished by a round 1 exit when their final good player went kaput.

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)

No, I don't. If you followed NBA enough to know of the Flynn/Rubio draft, you followed enough to know the reputation that got Kahn specifically.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
He is not the GM, he is the head coach. And lets not pretend like everyone knew Curry was going to become possibly the best shooter in the history of the league when he was drafted.

I fault GarPax for not knowing that. They should have built a time machine so they would know which players were going to be stars in every draft, and then do everything possible to get them.

Ugh, they need to go.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)

Regardless, they did draft 3 point guards who couldn't shoot (even if they traded one), when the greatest shooting pg of all time was in the draft.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
Regardless, they did draft 3 point guards who couldn't shoot (even if they traded one), when the greatest shooting pg of all time was in the draft.

Rubio was supposed to be next level, the hype behind him was pretty big. GMs make mistakes, look at Memphis blowing their pick on Hasheem Thabeet before Minnesota or GS picked. And this isnt even the GM that Ozzfest is hanging this on, this is the ASSISTANT GM, who is now a head coach. Its just silly.

I get he doesnt like GarPaxBerg but goddamn

Kyyle, there are draft misses, and there are having 3 picks in a draft, and using them all on point guards, and missing one of the greatest point guards ever. There is no defending that draft.

There is defending Bowie, defending Embiid, Defending Oden, all of them. No defending that terrible twolves draft.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
Rubio was supposed to be next level, the hype behind him was pretty big. GMs make mistakes, look at Memphis blowing their pick on Hasheem Thabeet before Minnesota or GS picked. And this isnt even the GM that Ozzfest is hanging this on, this is the ASSISTANT GM, who is now a head coach. Its just silly.

I get he doesnt like GarPaxBerg but goddamn

I have no problem with Hoiberg as coach. People who think John Paxson should keep his job are bothersome.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 04:07 PM)
Kyyle, there are draft misses, and there are having 3 picks in a draft, and using them all on point guards, and missing one of the greatest point guards ever. There is no defending that draft.

There is defending Bowie, defending Embiid, Defending Oden, all of them. No defending that terrible twolves draft.

Nobody in the league thought that Steph Curry would be this though. Nobody did.

Seriously, you guys are insane. This isn't "white sox drafting poreda over Mike Trout" or whatever, it would be White Sox drafting 3 hs outfielders that couldn't hit instead of mike trout.

Rubio could not shoot. Flynn could not shoot.

I don't need to defend myself, you guys do. This is not a question that it was the worst draft ever. It'd be one of the worst drafts ever without steph curry being in it. I'll give them some slack for rubio's acl, but

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/you-real...09-draft-right/

s*** was bad. They flipped lawson for nothing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 04:07 PM)

I don't even care really that Minnesota f***ed it up. It was Kahn, not Hoiberg, that made the pick. Hoiberg had input no doubt, but Kahn made the pick.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 04:39 PM)
I know, I made the point too that it's ridiculous to blame hoiberg for. but I can't sit back and have people defend Kahn's tenure as Timberwolves GM. It was a hilarious reign of bad.

Not sure anyone defended Kahn. He was awful.

There's a rumor going around that the Bulls and Magic discussed a Jimmy Butler for Victor Oladipo, a 1st rounder and another player, but the Magic turned it down.

Would Bulls fans do it if it was say Oladipo, Tobias Harris, Andrew Nicholson and the Lakers pick in 2017 for Butler and Portis?