Chris Tannehill/Score trying to make Harrelson look bad...?

caulfield12

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 11:22 PM)
Don Orsillo the TV announcer is leaving the Red Sox job after this season. Is he leaving to come to Chicago to be the White Sox TV announcer in 2016? On the White Sox last road trip to KC, I was told the Royals announcers were saying that this is the last year for the Hawk with the White Sox. I don't know anything about Don Orsillo.

Is this guy a golden throated homer? I'd rather have Stoney take over as play by play with somebody like Paulie as colorman. Stoney can get used to play by play. Or let Farmer do it with Stoney. and Orsillo with DJ on radio.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
He's certainly competent and has been doing the Red Sox for a number of years. Took over for Sean McDonough if I remember correctly.

Mark

Is he the guy who sounds exactly like McDonough?

I don't think Hawk is retiring unless his eye issues are becoming too extreme.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 11:39 PM)
I'd rather have Stoney take over as play by play with somebody like Paulie as colorman. Stoney can get used to play by play. Or let Farmer do it with Stoney...

Reading this post is like looking into the darkest timeline.

Edited by 3GamesToLove

Looking on the intranet, it looks like the Orsillo guy only found out yesterday he was done in Boston. I doubt the White Sox have offered him a job. It is interesting one of his nicknames is Baghdad Bob, as he doesn't like to criticize poor play of the home team, but does seem to get high marks for his broadcasts from most.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 11:39 PM)
Is this guy a golden throated homer? I'd rather have Stoney take over as play by play with somebody like Paulie as colorman. Stoney can get used to play by play. Or let Farmer do it with Stoney. and Orsillo with DJ on radio.

Hahahaha PK will not return to the game in an announcing capacity. I could see him managing/coaching someday, but right now, PK is enjoying retirement.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 06:43 AM)
Is he the guy who sounds exactly like McDonough?

I don't think Hawk is retiring unless his eye issues are becoming too extreme.

Yes. By the way I've noticed that myself. Also found out another interesting thing about NESN where Orsillo worked. When their new guy, I think he's the G.M. of it took over he instituted a policy where his announces MUST take a break during the season. Don't know how much time they are required to take off and if it's a paid leave or not.

Just found that different.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
Yes. By the way I've noticed that myself. Also found out another interesting thing about NESN where Orsillo worked. When their new guy, I think he's the G.M. of it took over he instituted a policy where his announces MUST take a break during the season. Don't know how much time they are required to take off and if it's a paid leave or not.

Just found that different.

Mark

I watch sox games w/o sound which also eliminates stoney but the Hawk is irritating any news about replacing him is uplifting.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
Let's just say that if any of these rumors come to pass I'll be mighty surprised.

Mark

If Hawk was on the way out, I just can't see the White Sox approaching him this way (and releasing rumors). I'd think they'd do everything to keep it quiet so that Hawk could say his goodbyes. He may be polarizing but he deserves that. I would expect if the rumors are true, it would be having him replace Stoney (who I think is out) or having him, Hawk and a third person work with Hawk taking more time off (no road games, etc).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
If Hawk was on the way out, I just can't see the White Sox approaching him this way (and releasing rumors). I'd think they'd do everything to keep it quiet so that Hawk could say his goodbyes. He may be polarizing but he deserves that. I would expect if the rumors are true, it would be having him replace Stoney (who I think is out) or having him, Hawk and a third person work with Hawk taking more time off (no road games, etc).

IF Hawk ever leaves of his own accord, he will get a grand exit tour that would make Derrick Jeter blush. He would NEVER sneak out quietly.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)
I think if there is anything to Orsillo changing Sox, it would be for the radio PBP. Stone leaves, DJ or Farmer to color on TV.

I don't think a Red Sox tv guy is going to take a radio job. I would presume he could get another tv job no problem. I could see DJ rejoining the booth with Hawk and a new radio guy but I don't even want to think about Farmer on the TV broadcasts on a regular basis.

One thing to consider, and it may mean nothing, is that in years past, Paciorek often filled in for Stone. This year, Thomas, Rowand, and Podsednik (Podsednik's 3-game stint sentence was one for the ages). Maybe that means retirement via gradually lessened workload, with the team looking at former players to fill in when he isn't there? Just a guess.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft