8-14-15 Cubs vs Sox 3:10CDT (Hendricks vs Samardzija)

jasonxctf

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And give credit where it is due...Johnny Danks has looked ....ugh it hurts to say...pretty good lately. His last 7 starts were better than just about anything Samardz has done all year, overall.

In the back of my mind, I see KW and Hahn telling each other "With this much struggling this year, Samardzija will be way easier to sign for 6-7 years in the off season!!"

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)
And give credit where it is due...Johnny Danks has looked ....ugh it hurts to say...pretty good lately. His last 7 starts were better than just about anything Samardz has done all year, overall.

In the back of my mind, I see KW and Hahn telling each other "With this much struggling this year, Samardzija will be way easier to sign for 6-7 years in the off season!!"

At one point I was think Eric Johnson or Montas would be up as starters in 2016 (maybe Fullmer) and Danks would be gone. But, I wouldn't be sad to see Smard go and Danks stay and one of our rookies take a spot in the rotation.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
At one point I was think Eric Johnson or Montas would be up as starters in 2016 (maybe Fullmer) and Danks would be gone. But, I wouldn't be sad to see Smard go and Danks stay and one of our rookies take a spot in the rotation.

Montas is 100% not going to be ready. EJ ought to have been up this season so you've got to think he'll have a spot next season.

Fulmer, my guess is he'll be on the same track as Rodon and up early next year, but we'll see.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 41s41 seconds ago

Jeff Samardzija's numbers:

-- In July, 3-1, 2.27 ERA in 39 2/3 innings.

-- In August, 0-2, 13.18 ERA in 14 1/3 innings (in progress).

It isn't the first time he faded in the second half. This guy's career production is nowhere near his reputation.we have to sit through it this season, but the bright side is it probably saved us from having to sit through it for 5 more years.

So is any one else kinda worried if Shark keeps pitching like crap the rest of the year he ends up accepting the qualifying offer. With so many starting pitchers and alot of one's better then him hitting the market in the offseason, I can't see many teams throwing money at shark with the way he's been pitching.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
So is any one else kinda worried if Shark keeps pitching like crap the rest of the year he ends up accepting the qualifying offer. With so many starting pitchers and alot of one's better then him hitting the market in the offseason, I can't see many teams throwing money at shark with the way he's been pitching.

AFAIK no player has ever accepted a QO since they started this format with the last CBA.