Micker Adolfo Out For Season

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
The effects will not be an5thing like Mitchells. He ruptured the posterior tibialis tendon which primarily give support to the arch of the foot. He almost surely had residual foot issues due to the structural weakness of the arch. That is a devastating injury to a speed guy.

So the injury really did derail his career. Sad. I had such hopes for him. He was supposed to be the first non-safe guy we drafted for a long time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
So the injury really did derail his career. Sad. I had such hopes for him. He was supposed to be the first non-safe guy we drafted for a long time.

It derailed (poentially) part of his career. He also had head issues and hitting issues that I can't see connecting directly to that.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
It derailed (poentially) part of his career. He also had head issues and hitting issues that I can't see connecting directly to that.

I've always wondered if it effected his hitting. Having issues with his right foot can't make it easy to have a good base of support while hitting. Fractured bones in his arch is what basically ended Frank Thomas career.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
I've always wondered if it effected his hitting. Having issues with his right foot can't make it easy to have a good base of support while hitting. Fractured bones in his arch is what basically ended Frank Thomas career.

that point i didn't think of.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)

I see what you are saying, but with Mitchell, his approach was whacked and he refused to change it. He wouldn't take his bat off his shoulder for extended periods, then he'd swing wildly for a little bit, and go back the other way. Did his foot/ankle injury cause those mental blocks? Probably not, but maybe - though if it effected him for YEARS like it did, the excuse loses weight in my eyes.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
I see what you are saying, but with Mitchell, his approach was whacked and he refused to change it. He wouldn't take his bat off his shoulder for extended periods, then he'd swing wildly for a little bit, and go back the other way. Did his foot/ankle injury cause those mental blocks? Probably not, but maybe - though if it effected him for YEARS like it did, the excuse loses weight in my eyes.

If he had to change his approach due to injury, or had problems with certain approaches because of pain, range of motion, etc, it is very understandable to think that those problems could also affect his mental game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
If he had to change his approach due to injury, or had problems with certain approaches because of pain, range of motion, etc, it is very understandable to think that those problems could also affect his mental game.

I also wonder if there wasn't a confidence-blown thing in there. IIRC prior to the injury he was looking really good in that ST.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
I also wonder if there wasn't a confidence-blown thing in there. IIRC prior to the injury he was looking really good in that ST.

Wouldn't shock me at all, especially if that injury changed how he could play the game. It is hard to have confidence when you have it in your head that you can't do what made you successful up to that point.