8/15- White Sox vs Cubs

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 06:56 PM)
This weekend was the last 3 games I cared if the Sox won. Rest of the year, especially playoffs, will be hoping anyone but the Cubs win the WS.

For once I actually agree with you. ;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
This weekend was the last 3 games I cared if the Sox won. Rest of the year, especially playoffs, will be hoping anyone but the Cubs win the WS.

Blue jays might be unstoppable

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
This team sucks. It's a shame. They've got a ways to go and sometimes ya gotta wonder can they get it done. I can't do the hiring or firing so I have to keep faith.

You hear about these prospects teams have had in the last 5-8 years- Trout, Bryant, Hosmer, McCutchen, deGrom- yet none of them are ever with the Sox. They continuously have absolutely no farm system. Hawk made a comment yesterday that the Cubs should have great prospects since they've stunk for so long. Seriously? The Sox have stunk almost every year since 2006 and they have jack s*** in Charlotte. And please, don't give me that Erik Johnson, Micah Johnson, Tim Anderson garbage because those are 3 guys who will never be anything significant for this team.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 01:59 AM)
Blue jays might be unstoppable

To help me sleep easier at night, I picture this path for the Cubs to not win the WS:

- Pirates in WC game

- Cardinals NLDS

- Dodgers NLCS

- Blue Jays or Royals WS

Those are some legit teams

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 02:00 AM)
Cubs don't stand a chance this year.

I hope you're right, but why not? Two aces, a great bullpen and a much improved offense since Schwarber got included. I still think they should have been more aggressive at the deadline to add a top pitcher to go along with Arrieta and Lester.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
I didn't say Price would be THE reason, but it would mean 3 aces and 3 great hitters (Schwarber, Rizzo, Bryant).

I know but it still doesn't mean it'll happen. f*** the Nats spent $200 million in Max and aren't setting the world on fire.