8/15- White Sox vs Cubs

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
No because yall are crowning this team a f***ing dynasty. It's literally a Cubs deepthroat in here. Sickening.

Saying they will win ONE championship in the next 4 years is not calling them a "f***ing dynasty."

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
btw when did it become taboo to be a Cubs hater? I've been a proud Cubs hater as long as I can remember and all of a sudden I can't hate on them because they have a good front office and a plan that has come together without fault (save Baez and Almora). Too much cub-hater hate on this board recently

You see how chitownsportsfan is obsessed with me? You would think I hurt one of his kids. lol.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:16 PM)
Too young, defense isn't great, bullpen isn't as good as you think. Starting pitching isn't that good either. I mean I know what the pitching stats say about them but they're not battle tested. Offense streaky , long way to go . Pitcher's figuring out Bryant somewhat , might do the same with Schwarber.

How dare you. Bryant and Schwarber are going to be 1-2 in MVP voting from now until 2035.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:16 PM)
Some people on here are just caught up in the moment. Sox fans in here a basically cowering to them. Have some f***ing pride. I will. We have a World Series title more recently than they do. f*** the Cubs.

The Sox have 3. The Cubs have 2. Big f***ing deal. You would trade the current Cubs roster, coaching staff, scouts and FO for the Sox franchise right now, no? You'd also be pretty damn excited after you said "yes," correct?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
The Sox have 3. The Cubs have 2. Big f***ing deal. You would trade the current Cubs roster, coaching staff, scouts and FO for the Sox franchise right now, no? You'd also be pretty damn excited after you said "yes," correct?

Ofcourse I would. But that's fantasy land. So I can't. I also want to see this team with an actually f***ing manager.

All I can say is that one of the things other than the weather that is great about no longer living in Chicago is not having to be so insecure about which baseball team you cheer for.

Jeesh guys. We've got enough problems with our own team. Let them worry about theirs.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
btw when did it become taboo to be a Cubs hater? I've been a proud Cubs hater as long as I can remember and all of a sudden I can't hate on them because they have a good front office and a plan that has come together without fault (save Baez and Almora). Too much cub-hater hate on this board recently

Pretty sure they didn't expect Castro to have negative value...or for Soler to look more Viciedo/Garcia than Puig/Cespedes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)
15 of 16 with 4 rookies in their lineup and a ton of available resources to upgrade the team going forward.

As good as their pitching has been this year, it's still an issue long-term. They have Arrieta for two more years and then he's likely gone. Hammel is under control for one more year. They have Lester for a while, but that contract will get ugly in the not too distant future. Sure, they have a ton of resources to add pitching, but let's not pretend that trading offense or signing expensive free agents are surefire, positive solutions.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
LaRoche looks like he has mailed it in no hustle, just going thru the motions to get a check.

It's really something that he gets 2 straight starts again. I get it, the only way you can get out of a slump is to get up to bat, but at what cost. I know Thompson has some holes in his swing but I'd much rather watch him play baseball right now than that duck dynasty reject.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
I can't see how he is brought back next year. Something's going to have to happen.

Been disappointed our fan base hasn't let him hear it more than they have