8/15- White Sox vs Cubs

Jose Abreu

lol there are so many players on this roster that don't belong on a big league roster. Bonifacio, beckham, Sanchez, saladino, probably flowers, probably Thompson. Laroche and Ramirez have a track record but certainly don't belonig in the everyday lineup. Speaks loads about our utter lack of depth in the org

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just getting caught up on the game. I see the Sox have played like crap. This ballclub is an utter failure this year. Never any sense of urgency. Never any extended periods of alert, good, solid baseball. Whether or not it's Robin's fault, this team blows.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 02:43 AM)
lol there are so many players on this roster that don't belong on a big league roster. Bonifacio, beckham, Sanchez, saladino, probably flowers, probably Thompson. Laroche and Ramirez have a track record but certainly don't belonig in the everyday lineup. Speaks loads about our utter lack of depth in the org

It's a roster with way too many utility players on it.

F***ity F*** F*** I hate this F***ing F**** FIIII I've stopped caring about punctuation F*** the Cubs F*** this F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** *F** ****F *F*F* FF*** F** F** F** the cubsl F*** I'm typing this during all 3 outs F*** this team F*** F*** F** bonifaco for groundign out F*** F** F**** F**** F** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F**** F*** F*** F ** F**8ciy FIIII I don't care any ore F*** FIII F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F***f *F**F*F*F F***F F**F* F**F F**F CI FF*** CCI **CK *** CK*** FI** CK** C** F*** CIK* F**** F*** F** F** F*** F*** F***F ** F** *F***F *F*FF* F*F **** F***F **F **SH*** F**F *** D*MN F*** DRAT F**** F*** F*** 3-1 FIIII F((*( F*** F*** F**F ***F *F** F*F *F*F*F*F*F*F*F*F*F *F *F*F **F F*FpoopF**F** F**F *F*F**** FLOWERS***F F**F **F*F *F **F***F**F ***F****F The prates are ni the 13th inning **** F*** F*FF *FFF****F F**F**F***F***F**F**F**F* *F**F***F***F***F**F***F***F*F spacebar((*** F**** A****F*** F**** F*** FAS**F***F** F** F* *F***F ** F***F **F***F ***F ****F *F**F*F ***F **F ***F *F * **F****F **F*F*** F***F **F ****F*** F *** F***F ***F **** F*** F*** F*** FIII FIII F II FIIIF **** F** ***** F***********************************************************

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 03:45 AM)
DJ made a good point earlier in the game, it looks like Saladino is thinking too much up there as opposed to when he first came up and was making great contact.

The league realized he can't hit fastballs up and sliders away. He looks like every other Sox prospect that's been called up the last 10 years. It really shouldn't be surprising, he wasn't a good Minor League hitter.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)
F***ity F*** F*** I hate this F***ing F**** FIIII I've stopped caring about punctuation F*** the Cubs F*** this F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** *F** ****F *F*F* FF*** F** F** F** the cubsl F*** I'm typing this during all 3 outs F*** this team F*** F*** F** bonifaco for groundign out F*** F** F**** F**** F** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F**** F*** F*** F ** F**8ciy FIIII I don't care any ore F*** FIII F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F***f *F**F*F*F F***F F**F* F**F F**F CI FF*** CCI **CK *** CK*** FI** CK** C** F*** CIK* F**** F*** F** F** F*** F*** F***F ** F** *F***F *F*FF* F*F **** F***F **F **SH*** F**F *** D*MN F*** DRAT F**** F*** F*** 3-1 FIIII F((*( F*** F*** F**F ***F *F** F*F *F*F*F*F*F*F*F*F*F *F *F*F **F F*FpoopF**F** F**F *F*F**** FLOWERS***F F**F **F*F *F **F***F**F ***F****F The prates are ni the 13th inning **** F*** F*FF *FFF****F F**F**F***F***F**F**F**F* *F**F***F***F***F**F***F***F*F spacebar((*** F**** A****F*** F**** F*** FAS**F***F** F** F* *F***F ** F***F **F***F ***F ****F *F**F*F ***F **F ***F *F * **F****F **F*F*** F***F **F ****F*** F *** F***F ***F **** F*** F*** F*** FIII FIII F II FIIIF **** F** ***** F***********************************************************

(FWIW I'm sober enough to type normally I've just been hitting keys for like 10 minutes and seeing what popped up)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
Just getting caught up on the game. I see the Sox have played like crap. This ballclub is an utter failure this year. Never any sense of urgency. Never any extended periods of alert, good, solid baseball. Whether or not it's Robin's fault, this team blows.

Can't mess with team chemistry Mr. Hahn tells us :lol:

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
I can't see how he is brought back next year. Something's going to have to happen.

I can't see how they don't BENCH HIM now!!! Give the young guys a chance and forget that our GM screwed up and gave him a 2 year $25 mil contract!!!

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)

I agree with this a lot. The talent just isn't there. Makes you realize how bad off they were in the 2013 season. It's still going to take two / three years of bringing it in to get out of the hole. That is if Kenny 'allows' it.

Mark

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
All I have to look forward to is a Bears season that is shaping up to be 3-13. Just f***ing shoot me.

Well the Hawks aren't really contending this year either regardless of how Kane's situation turns out...plus the Bulls have talent but they just can't stay healthy.

I suggest you break out the tapes / DVD's from better times are start watching them a lot.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
I agree with this a lot. The talent just isn't there. Makes you realize how bad off they were in the 2013 season. It's still going to take two / three years of bringing it in to get out of the hole. That is if Kenny 'allows' it.

Mark

We can still compete in 2015 with the right moves!!!! It's as sensible now as in December.

I know the White Sox under Robin have been the cool, calm, collected, never break a sweat type team whose motto every season seems to be, "It's still early; there's plenty of time left," before finally time runs out, but ....

I would think the owner of this team would be flat out embarrassed by tonight's game. If this were a regular business there'd be hell to pay after playing such a s*** game tonight against one's in-town rivals. Oh wait, the Sox players I'm sure don't consider the Cubs a rival, just like the Royals aren't a rival, the Tigers aren't a rival. Sox never get "up" for any team. They're too cool for that.

I wish Jerry would throw a fit publicly about this miserable, effortless team.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 03:54 AM)

Mark

Biggest thing is finding a slugging 3rd baseman. I think finding someone solid over there could make the rest of the positions easier to fill. I have a feeling Micah Johnson will be trade bait.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 03:56 AM)
I know the White Sox under Robin have been the cool, calm, collected, never break a sweat type team whose motto every season seems to be, "It's still early; there's plenty of time left," before finally time runs out, but ....

I would think the owner of this team would be flat out embarrassed by tonight's game. If this were a regular business there'd be hell to pay after playing such a s*** game tonight against one's in-town rivals. Oh wait, the Sox players I'm sure don't consider the Cubs a rival, just like the Royals aren't a rival, the Tigers aren't a rival. Sox never get "up" for any team. They're too cool for that.

Tomorrow is the game where anything less than a great effort would be inexcusable. Ace on the mound against their #5 with Cubs going for a sweep.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 02:47 AM)
I can't see how they don't BENCH HIM now!!! Give the young guys a chance and forget that our GM screwed up and gave him a 2 year $25 mil contract!!!

You'll save a lot of anger/angst if you accept the fact Sox and most all teams will ALWAYS start and pay the guys making big bucks. LaRoche will get 600 at bats next year as well, even if he's hitting .210 again. Just the way it is.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)

Historically from as far back as April 18, 1981 10th inning show, EE and JR have not considered the Cubs a 'rival'. That's been a huge mistake in my opinion.

Mark