8/15- White Sox vs Cubs

Jose Abreu

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
All I have to look forward to is a Bears season that is shaping up to be 3-13. Just f***ing shoot me.

And a hockey team whose star is facing rape charges. And a basketball team who has almost 0 shot to compete with the cavs and fired an elite coach. God it's depressing

At least golf should be good tomorrow I supoose

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 02:59 AM)
And a hockey team whose star is facing rape charges. And a basketball team who has almost 0 shot to compete with the cavs and fired an elite coach. God it's depressing

Vandy football for you! :)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
Tomorrow is the game where anything less than a great effort would be inexcusable. Ace on the mound against their #5 with Cubs going for a sweep.

I hear you, but what about tonight? A lot of people think Q is pretty good and the Sox had screwup after screwup (mentally) tonight. Robin should be ashamed or embarrassed at least. What a joke of an organization this is.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
Historically from as far back as April 18, 1981 10th inning show, EE and JR have not considered the Cubs a 'rival'. That's been a huge mistake in my opinion.

Mark

Thing is ... Sox have no rivals. The front office probably thinks the Yankees are their rivals because of the amount of WS they've won. When are the Sox gonna have a team that gets down and dirty and plays solid baseball?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)

As meager as things look for the Sox, Bulls, Bears, and Hawks, at least we have the Bulls and Hawks making the playoffs every year now. At least there's something.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 10:00 PM)
Vandy football for you! :)

Haha, oh god. It's back to business as usual going 2-10 since we lost the ultimate sleaze Franklin to PSU

Bball team has a shot to make some noise though. Should be in the tourney this year

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
I fully expect Sale to choke tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong.

Even a great sale game and the BP cup, this white sox team can't exactly afford to win 1/3 in any series any more. It's August not April and we continued all in at the deadline by not trading our soon to be free agents. We're supposed to be right there at the end, Rick Hahn promised me so.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 02:46 AM)
The league realized he can't hit fastballs up and sliders away. He looks like every other Sox prospect that's been called up the last 10 years. It really shouldn't be surprising, he wasn't a good Minor League hitter.

True post. Saladino is a dandy fielder but can't hit. Another utility guy on a team full of utility guys (minus the ones we've already gotten rid of like Gillaspie, Semien, etc.; although have u noticed how hot Semien has been)?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 02:54 AM)
All I have to look forward to is a Bears season that is shaping up to be 3-13. Just f***ing shoot me.

We shouldn't be TOO greedy in terms of our city's teams. The Blackhawks are fresh off a world championship. Some cities (Cleveland) would kill to win it. We've had the Hawks to cheer about and the Sox have won a title in modern history and Bears reached a Super Bowl in modern history. And of course the Bulls were dynastic not too long ago. Our city is not long suffering anymore.

The Sox blow, however. This team has been disgustingly bad except for one, ill timed 7-1 road trip. Typical Sox the one week they needed to suck to clear the roster of all these stiffs they excel.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Even a great sale game and the BP cup, this white sox team can't exactly afford to win 1/3 in any series any more. It's August not April and we continued all in at the deadline by not trading our soon to be free agents. We're supposed to be right there at the end, Rick Hahn promised me so.

Hey, if those s***heads on the north side can go on a fifteen of sixteen run, why can't the Sox? :P

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 03:05 AM)

Hahn or Kenny or Jerry ... somebody was too scared to pull the plug and make some big trades a month before the deadline when it was obvious this team sucked. If the Sox weren't gonna make any moves 2-4 weeks before the deadline, they should have at least fired Robin to see if a new voice would have mattered at all.

You can tell Hawk thinks Robin is overmatched. He kept mentioning all the mistakes. The fact he's NOT mentioning Robin at all, ever, shows how much he blames Robin. A lot. If he thought Robin was a good manager, he'd be saying players are accountable, etc. You just know Hawk realizes Robin is a buffoon or at least not a leader. Sadly, Robin's teams have sucked. How this team beat Madden 2 of 3 in Wrigley is an anomaly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
Hahn or Kenny or Jerry ... somebody was too scared to pull the plug and make some big trades a month before the deadline when it was obvious this team sucked. If the Sox weren't gonna make any moves 2-4 weeks before the deadline, they should have at least fired Robin to see if a new voice would have mattered at all.

You can tell Hawk thinks Robin is overmatched. He kept mentioning all the mistakes. The fact he's NOT mentioning Robin at all, ever, shows how much he blames Robin. A lot. If he thought Robin was a good manager, he'd be saying players are accountable, etc. You just know Hawk realizes Robin is a buffoon or at least not a leader. Sadly, Robin's teams have sucked. How this team beat Madden 2 of 3 in Wrigley is an anomaly.

Hahn supposedly was ready to fold in mid to late June.

KW was the "all in" one again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:11 PM)
How this team beat Madden 2 of 3 in Wrigley is an anomaly.

No, not really. Well, sort of. Lol. This season as even you have said has been a constant roller-coaster ride of ups and downs. The down swings have unfortunately lasted longer than the good stretches. When we beat them in Wrigley, we were going well and they weren't. Now, we suck again and they're playing out of their minds. What can you do? While I hate to see Sale not do well it's at that point where I'd just rather they lose. Ugh.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Hahn supposedly was ready to fold in mid to late June.

KW was the "all in" one again.

Do you have any facts behind this? Newspaper stories...anything? Not a rip at you, I just never heard / read anything along these lines.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
Do you have any facts behind this? Newspaper stories...anything? Not a rip at you, I just never heard / read anything along these lines.

Mark

This was based on some stuff guys here with inside knowledge posted.

Either way, what does it matter? There was no one to trade other than Shark and it doesn't sound like anyone tempted us too much anyways.

You weren't getting Daniel Norris for him.

As for 2016, things aren't as bad as they look. I'm not sure I understand the notion that moves made this offseason really upset any plan for 2016 and 17. Abreu and Sale are still big pieces to build around. If anything, there will be less $ on these contracts moving forward than if we would have signed them as we got closer to competing. And if we can fill some holes, there is nothing to say Robertson and Melky and even Duke cannot contribute to a winning team.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:26 PM)

Mark

There was never a specific story....with the front office "turmoil" narrative emerged that detail, which makes a lot of sense but nevertheless can't be proven. There were no quotes with specific front office sourced attribution attached.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
I agree with this a lot. The talent just isn't there. Makes you realize how bad off they were in the 2013 season. It's still going to take two / three years of bringing it in to get out of the hole. That is if Kenny 'allows' it.

Mark

Too bad the Sox don't have an owner like a Rocky Wirtz. Someone who wants to turn his team into a winner for the fans! This team needs improvement everywhere and must start with the front office!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 04:40 AM)
Either way, what does it matter? There was no one to trade other than Shark and it doesn't sound like anyone tempted us too much anyways.

I disagree. I think we could have dumped Shark, Lexi and Robertson and LaRoche for sure, all to NL teams. We also I think could have dumped Melky and Avi. At the very least I think we should have traded LaRoche, Shark, Robertson, Melky and Lexi. It would have taken guts but Hahn could have re-generated the team with trades right there. Instead we're left with the same crap for next year. Not good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Tomorrow is the game where anything less than a great effort would be inexcusable. Ace on the mound against their #5 with Cubs going for a sweep.

If the Sox lose the Sunday game and get swept there better be a news conference after the game with the firing of the manager!!

QUOTE (Saufley @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 05:34 AM)
If the Sox lose the Sunday game and get swept there better be a news conference after the game with the firing of the manager!!

Nah. It'll be same ol same ol waiting for the club to become the "good Sox" again and creep ever so close to .500. Sox just don't compete. They don't believe in down and get dirty competition even in trying to salvage a 3-3 split with the Cubs. Sox have no rivals; they can't get up for anybody except the Yankees. They'll probably even start a Sunday lineup, though Robin doesn't do that as much as Ozzie to be fair. Boni will play; I bet u Beckham plays and LaRoche of course will be in there. Add Sanchez and Soto and that will be an awful stretch of five hitters. Even Saladino can't hit anymore.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
I disagree. I think we could have dumped Shark, Lexi and Robertson and LaRoche for sure, all to NL teams. We also I think could have dumped Melky and Avi. At the very least I think we should have traded LaRoche, Shark, Robertson, Melky and Lexi. It would have taken guts but Hahn could have re-generated the team with trades right there. Instead we're left with the same crap for next year. Not good.

For what?