John Ritter and Johnny Cash dead

GASHWOUND

I was shocked to find out that John Ritter died..I think he died while filming his tv show '8 Simple Rules' which was suppose to premiere later this month..He was one of my fav actors..

and I wasn't that in to Johnny cash but you gotta respect the guy...he was just released from the hospital from complications from diabetes..

sad day

I was VERY into Johnny Cash - he was the Original Gangsta!

He was singing about killin' and drinkin' WAAAAAY before these "whippersnappers todayyyyyyy" were even born!

R.I.P. "Man In Black"

and also very sad to hear of John Ritter's passing - I heard that he suffered the attack on the set and may have even died on set. Very sad indeed, and a haunting memory for everyone who was there at the time.

R.I.P. Jack Tripper

I was shocked to find out that John Ritter died..I think he died while filming his tv show '8 Simple Rules' which was suppose to premiere later this month..He was one of my fav actors..

and I wasn't that in to Johnny cash but you gotta respect the guy...he was just released from the hospital from complications from diabetes..

sad day

8 Simple rules was going into it's 2nd season. Great show. I can't believe he's dead. Unreal. It's been a very sad few weeks.

Guest hotsoxchick1

R.I.P. to both... both from my era and both well known guys who did good things in their private lives as well as the professional ones....tis a sad day indeed.....prayers and thoughts go out to both their families and friends as well as their fans.......

J.Cash, ICON , legend, since his wife passed away 4 months ago he has really went downhill. I always liked the man in black.

J.Ritter undetected aorta ailment cause of death, reminds me a little when Redd Foxx died on set because of heart attack while his show was just finishing 1st season a few years ago. I always liked him and enjoyed his work and am in shock he is gone.

My prayers are with both families

The first actor ever to play a swinging bachelor in a sitcom...and the man in black, terrible losses.

Ritter's death left me stunned, always thought he was a funny guy, even when I was little and saw him in Problem child, just recently saw an episode of Three's company on Nick at Night, and I heard he has a film coming out with Billy Bob Thorton.

Cash was older, so I was not as stunned, but am still saddened by his loss.

Prayers to the families of both.

John Ritter was easily one of the nicest celebrities I've ever heard interviewed. Heard him once interviewed by Wendy Snyder and Bill Leff on the radio and I could not believe what a nice guy he was. Almost TOO nice. Thought it was an act, but everything I have seen and heard says he was the real deal. A true shame.

I'm current;y on my second "tour of duty" with Threes Company, I watch it every night on Nick-at-Nite. I watched it when it was in syndication also. Silly show, but always entertaining. Sad to see Ritter at still such a fairly young age pass away, while still entertaining millions on TV.

All I can say is that for anyone who was like me and never got into Johnny Cash because he was "too country," I'd recommend listening, at the very least, to his cover of NIN's "Hurt." Powerful.

RIP, Johnny...

As for John Ritter, I was never one big for 70s sitcoms and ABC, but it's still tragic to see someone go so young and unexpectedly.

John Ritter was one of those guys that seemed very likeable even though I only saw him on film.  I loved him in Three's Company, Problem Child, and even Sling Blade.  This is truly a sad day for children of pop culture.

Can't say I have ever listened to or appreciated anything Johnny Cash had done, but I did enjoy John Ritter. I wouldn't go as far as to say he was a comic genius, though he had a real nice-guy quality to him. For me his best role was in Stephen Kings It.

What seems to compound this tragedy was that his heart attack was undectable and he has left behind several young children.