KW to Toronto?

GGajewski18

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
670 The Score ‏@670TheScore 12m12 minutes ago

"I think Robin Ventura stays put no matter what happens." @BNightengale to @SpiegelAndGoff on #WhiteSox future

Well in fairness why would he have ANYTHING to do with what was pretty much a disastrous season outside of a week and half of good baseball? I am sure there is zero possibility that there is NO WAY to find a better manager than Robin. He is the absolute best they could do, I am sure. It shouldnt even be entertained even if they finish with the worst record in the American League.

Seriously, why wouldnt you want to at least entertain the very thought of upgrading at every position if you could including the managers position after a season like this?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologize if this was explained,

But wasn't the issue last year in JR rejecting that they were basically going around the back of JR's friend, the current president of the blue jays, in pushing him out? It wasn't that he objected to KWs move.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 05:35 AM)
The #1 problem has been the inability to develop a single player who can hit the ball well. That leads having to scour the free agent/waiver/trade market for veteran bats, which has proven to not be an ideal recipe for success.

Who do you blame for that then? That's the million dollar question. Jerry's refusal to spend in the draft had an effect, but the problem lies deeper than that IMO.

I don't blame Kenny Williams for our inability to develop position players.

I'd fire Buddy Bell for that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
I don't blame Kenny Williams for our inability to develop position players.

I'd fire Buddy Bell for that.

That makes sense, but there seems to be another example of no accountability with this franchise, just letting the same people stick around.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
That makes sense, but there seems to be another example of no accountability with this franchise, just letting the same people stick around.

I get that. I just don't think that should lead us to a conclusion of "fire everyone."

I'd start with others first.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
I get that. I just don't think that should lead us to a conclusion of "fire everyone.

I'd start with others first.

The dumbest thing IMO is to just fire KW and assume much will change. The man in charge gets the glory and the blame, but it's a highly collaborative job. When a guy has done poorly at it, some of the blame goes to his underlings. With that said, that means the guy in charge either doesn't know who to fire or doesn't know who to hire. So part of the "benefit" of cleaning house is not just losing the boss, but you're losing the guys who were quietly killing you.

Its crazy because I think the Sox organizational focus on loyalty to who they put in place is such an attractive thing to lure talent from outside but its the same damn thing that keeps that talent away because they don't make changes very often LOL. Even when it may make sense.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
Its crazy because I think the Sox organizational focus on loyalty to who they put in place is such an attractive thing to lure talent from outside but its the same damn thing that keeps that talent away because they don't make changes very often LOL. Even when it may make sense.

Yea exactly. Just a little tidbit from Seattle sports talk radio this morning they brought up the Nightengale story on KW possible to Seattle and both hosts were like "uh, no thanks we already have the slightly worse version of KW in Jack Z".

I'm not sure how valued a commodity KW is anymore. His run of success is fading further and further into the past with each day.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
Yea exactly. Just a little tidbit from Seattle sports talk radio this morning they brought up the Nightengale story on KW possible to Seattle and both hosts were like "uh, no thanks we already have the slightly worse version of KW in Jack Z".

I'm not sure how valued a commodity KW is anymore. His run of success is fading further and further into the past with each day.

Toronto wanted to hire KW as their president last year. Seattle sports radio says KW sucks. Which one should we go with?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
Toronto wanted to hire KW as their president last year. Seattle sports radio says KW sucks. Which one should we go with?

And yet they didn't hire him. In fact, nobody has hired him. Makes you wonder who's right, you or those talk show hosts.

Also, I was simply giving the perspective on KW from people in the sports industry outside Chicago.

I'd say their analysis is pretty damn spot on. KW is a rich man's Jack Z and frankly that's nothing to brag about as Jack Z is one of the few GMs with a worse last 5 years then KW.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
And yet they didn't hire him. In fact, nobody has hired him. Makes you wonder who's right, you or those talk show hosts.

Also, I was simply giving the perspective on KW from people in the sports industry outside Chicago.

I'd say their analysis is pretty damn spot on. KW is a rich man's Jack Z and frankly that's nothing to brag about as Jack Z is one of the few GMs with a worse last 5 years then KW.

The White Sox wouldn't let him interview. Chicago sports radio is irrelevant, so is Seattle's.

Have been calling around, sending e-mails to people I know just to try to get a sense of what these folks think may happen. They are wired in so they have a little better understanding of things.

Most feel that Robin is back regardless...that JR simply will not fire him.

Most think Kenny may in fact leave and that (surprisingly) some folks in the organization will be happy to see him depart.

And most think that Hahn can handle the job on his own without having to answer to someone other than JR.

We'll see what happens.

Mark

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 07:14 PM)
One on my sources: "Robin is going nowhere" and "Kenny and Hahn's differences in opinion towards operations is holding back the organization."

Robin should buy some books and learn how to teach fundamentals in spring training, then. Kenny sounds like the worst executive a team can have. Please leave, Kenny. Go to Hollywood and be a model or something. Your value of yourself is inflated.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
One on my sources: "Robin is going nowhere" and "Kenny and Hahn's differences in opinion towards operations is holding back the organization."

I honestly can't get excited about a White Sox 2016 season with RV as the manager and no changes to that coaching staff! I just don't get it!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
Robin should buy some books and learn how to teach fundamentals in spring training, then. Kenny sounds like the worst executive a team can have. Please leave, Kenny. Go to Hollywood and be a model or something. Your value of yourself is inflated.

Robin Ventura was a gold glove third baseman. I think he knows fundamentals. Can he teach those fundamentals to veteran ballplayers is the question

It's not any surprise that Robin would be staying. It just really pisses me off. Hell for all the s*** the McCaskey's get atleast they arent dumb enough to keep a guy like Trestman around for another year.

It's the same way for the Bulls. You think if Hoiberg bombs and the season goes to hell Gar/Pax are going to be fired? Hell no. Jerry will let them go through as many coaches as possible.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)

But you want Ozzie back.

Wow..Can this possibly finally be the end of the KW era?? I'll believe it when I see it. But I'm intrigued that many of our insiders think KW will go after the season.

I really don't understand the logic of them coming out and saying "RV isn't going anywhere" If this is the case, I truly hope he decides to step down on his own.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
Wow..Can this possibly finally be the end of the KW era?? I'll believe it when I see it. But I'm intrigued that many of our insiders think KW will go after the season.

I really don't understand the logic of them coming out and saying "RV isn't going anywhere" If this is the case, I truly hope he decides to step down on his own.

"Them" didn't say it. It was a reporter that said it. The White Sox have said nothing officially on any situation

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 09:00 PM)
It's not any surprise that Robin would be staying. It just really pisses me off. Hell for all the s*** the McCaskey's get atleast they arent dumb enough to keep a guy like Trestman around for another year.

It's the same way for the Bulls. You think if Hoiberg bombs and the season goes to hell Gar/Pax are going to be fired? Hell no. Jerry will let them go through as many coaches as possible.

Which is why Hoiberg should have stayed at Iowa State. Rose is the kind of guy who gets coaches fired quick.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
But you want Ozzie back.

Of course I do. But I realize it's not going to ever happen.