GAME THREAD 8/21: SOX @ SEA

cabiness42

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 05:15 AM)
Carlos Sanchez has been hitting very well lately. We know his defense is elite, but if he keeps hitting, he'll be a MLB starter for a long time.

His defense is so good it's amazing. If he hits like this it could be our new Ray Durham for longevity as you say. I am now down on Anderson the minor leaguer after watching his at bats. I wouldn't count on him with the long swing and the huge bat he uses. Is he can't miss offensively? I don't see it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)
His defense is so good it's amazing. If he hits like this it could be our new Ray Durham for longevity as you say. I am now down on Anderson the minor leaguer after watching his at bats. I wouldn't count on him with the long swing and the huge bat he uses. Is he can't miss offensively? I don't see it.

So you are writing off a 22 year old player that's hitting over .300 with a ton of XBH potential, based on a long swing? Anderson will be fine. With his bat speed, he can get by with a longer swing until he learns how to shorten it up which will come in time, again he is just 22.

I do agree on Sanchez. At this point, he is the 2B for years to come. If only the Sox can deveop a SS that has a slick glove like Sanchez. The MI defense would be amazing! Anderson's defense has improved by leaps and bounds this year so hopefully he is the future at SS come 2017.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)

Lol what? Anderson is a beast.