And that's a White Sox Winner !!

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

The Carlos Rodon and Trayce Thompson Show continued to boost the Sox and their fans hope for the future .

Rodon pitched 6 innings gave up 3 hits , 2 runs, K'd 5 and walked 3.

Thompson was 2/4 with 2 doubles and an RBI to keep his average above. 500 in his brief tour of duty.

Zach Duke , Nate Jones, and David Robertson kept the M's from mounting any thoughts of a comeback.

Trayces' full name is Trayce Nikolas Thompson so calling him TNT seems right especially with his bat being so explosive so far.

Edit . I really need to proofread my stuff before I post it . Can someone pls make the Whire Sox White ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I would say Rodon's season has been a success so far even relative to the high expectations. He's made a lot of improvement on his changeup and his velocity has been sitting 93-96 just like before his stock feel in the draft when it was 91-93. Don't want to jinx it but he probably makes a couple more starts and they shut him down. Hopefully for Johnson.

Barring fatigue or injury I see no reason to shut down Rodon for the rest of the season. I think the Sox should go to a 6 man rotation once Erik Johnson is called up in September. Carlos is sitting at 112.2 IP so there's plenty of room for him to pitch the rest of the season. Keep building up those innings Carlos!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 11:49 PM)
Barring fatigue or injury I see no reason to shut down Rodon for the rest of the season. I think the Sox should go to a 6 man rotation once Erik Johnson is called up in September. Carlos is sitting at 112.2 IP so there's plenty of room for him to pitch the rest of the season. Keep building up those innings Carlos!

Yea but including spring and AAA he's at about 130. As I said, let him make 2-3 more starts and then shut him down. I see no reason to push him much past 140 or 150 this season. He hasn't needed to build arm strength so much as become more efficient and he's done well with it. Respectfully disagree with you here. The season is over as far as playoff aspirations it's time to protect some assets.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I see the good Sox showed up again today. Rodon has shown enough this season. He's a future star. So I'd agree to shut him down all of September. Let EJ replace Rodon. You might consider shutting down Sale and Robertson too. Let somebody else close and maybe add another starter from the minors to give Q and Danks a couple extra days rest the rest of the season.

Eaton is hot and getting his numbers up to respectability. Sure hope he does better the first 2 months next year than he did this year. He's our catalyst and can't suck for the first 7 weeks.

GO SOX.

Trayce should play every single day; ditto Micah. Don't let any guys like Beckham even have one at bat. Go with all the future stars, not the dead weight guys. Any minor league catcher down there who needs some seasoning as well?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
I see the good Sox showed up again today. Rodon has shown enough this season. He's a future star. So I'd agree to shut him down all of September. Let EJ replace Rodon. You might consider shutting down Sale and Robertson too. Let somebody else close and maybe add another starter from the minors to give Q and Danks a couple extra days rest the rest of the season.

Eaton is hot and getting his numbers up to respectability. Sure hope he does better the first 2 months next year than he did this year. He's our catalyst and can't suck for the first 7 weeks.

GO SOX.

Trayce should play every single day; ditto Micah. Don't let any guys like Beckham even have one at bat. Go with all the future stars, not the dead weight guys. Any minor league catcher down there who needs some seasoning as well?

I usually don't buy into that shutting 'em down philosophy. Limiting their innings, ok but not shutting down.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 11:56 PM)

GO SOX.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/prospect-profiles/

^good place to look when you have a question about sox prospects. They have profiles for most of the prospects that are worth looking at.

Edited by ron883

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 11:57 PM)
Yea but including spring and AAA he's at about 130. As I said, let him make 2-3 more starts and then shut him down. I see no reason to push him much past 140 or 150 this season. He hasn't needed to build arm strength so much as become more efficient and he's done well with it. Respectfully disagree with you here. The season is over as far as playoff aspirations it's time to protect some assets.

You don't include spring in those calculations though, when you're comparing to what he threw in college you don't see "practice game innings" counted for the college game and guys still need time to stretch their arms out to pitch in college.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)

The problem with only throwing him 140-150 is that next year when the team is going to want him to go close to 200 that is too big of a jump. He needs to be around 160-170 this year if he wants a realistic shot at 200 next year. He is at 122.2 with 7 rotation spots left this season. Averaging 6 innings per start would put him at 165.2 for the season. That is right about perfect.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)

I see what you mean. I did not take into account ST and to be honest I forgot he had 10 innings in Charlotte so thank you for bringing those into the equation as they certainly matter for a young pitcher. Now I respectfully disagree with me. :D

I still go to a 6 man rotation until Carlos is done. The extra day off could help but otherwise, two or three more starts sounds about right.

Thank you for being respectfull in your disagreeing. :)

watched the game on ROOT. Even the Mariner announcers were impressed with Rodon and Thompson. I really was impressed with how Rodon went after the hitters. Downfall, if any, just like with Sale is giving up that homer. Probably a bit tired or whatever but left it up. If Carlos Rodon is a work in progress think how good he can be with some experience.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 11:56 PM)

GO SOX.

Sale might be able to get 300 K's this season, which is kind of a big deal I think. I don't think you shut him down and take that opportunity away from him.

Just like with Rodon, if Chris is healthy, and isn't showing signs of fatigue such as slowed velocity or mechanical problems, you let him pitch. Remember the guy has gone over 200 innings once, and not since 2013. If he can, you keep him going with an eye that he may be able to work up to the 240 to 250 IP it would take to make a playoff run in the next few years.