#KennyWatch begins; aka M's fire Jack Z

southsider2k5

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
It's unbelievable people are defending Robin when his performance is so far below deserving to be fired.

So you are admitting all your posts complaining endlessly about the talent level are just BS. The Sox apparently have plenty of talent to win, it is Robin Ventura holding them back.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
So you are admitting all your posts complaining endlessly about the talent level are just BS. The Sox apparently have plenty of talent to win, it is Robin Ventura holding them back.

Who said that?

The White Sox have neither the talent nor the managerial prowess to win.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
What is RV's current contract status?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
At the beginning of the 2014 season, we agreed to a "multi-year extension" with him, without actual terms of the contract being announced. From what I understand, managerial contracts don't really matter.

By the reports I've seen his extension runs through the 2016 season although we don't know the dollar amount.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
It's unbelievable people are defending Robin when his performance is so far below deserving to be fired.

Amen.

To the Robin supporters ... seriously, we are all in this together. We want the White Sox to win! So please Robin supporters tell me: "Do you really think there is ANY chance the Sox will take the field under Robin's direction next April and have a chance to not get swept in the series opener by a fellow Central Division team" and be able to fare well in the 76 Central Division games? I'm just saying it's guaranteed to be the same ol same ol. He's had enough time. He's blah to lousy. He's got to go. If you can make me feel better about our chances NEXT SEASON under Robin, please do so and assure me. I'm listening. I really am.

That doesn't mean the next guy will be great. We already blew it by not acquiring Madden before the Cubs did. Now rectify the error and GO GET GARDY!!!!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
They are guaranteed. Ozzie is still getting paid by Miami.

There's probably some exclusivity agreement where the Sox could save money if he was hired by someone else, but every coach contract I've ever heard of is guaranteed, maybe with option years somehow at the end.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
Amen.

To the Robin supporters ... seriously, we are all in this together. We want the White Sox to win! So please Robin supporters tell me: "Do you really think there is ANY chance the Sox will take the field under Robin's direction next April and have a chance to not get swept in the series opener by a fellow Central Division team" and be able to fare well in the 76 Central Division games? I'm just saying it's guaranteed to be the same ol same ol. He's had enough time. He's blah to lousy. He's got to go. If you can make me feel better about our chances NEXT SEASON under Robin, please do so and assure me. I'm listening. I really am.

That doesn't mean the next guy will be great. We already blew it by not acquiring Madden before the Cubs did. Now rectify the error and GO GET GARDY!!!!

63-99

66-96

66-96

70-92

Gardy's last 4 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
There's probably some exclusivity agreement where the Sox could save money if he was hired by someone else, but every coach contract I've ever heard of is guaranteed, maybe with option years somehow at the end.

It would make no sense for them to sign non guaranteed extensions. If the team wins, they become more valuable and the price goes up. If they lose, they get fired, plus no guarantee would really give players even more leverage in a player/manager relationship.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
Tell me, how many division titles does RV have?

And Balta, I think they are mostly partially guaranteed on a case by case basis. There's no CBA to abide by.

They guy has averaged 95.75 losses his last 4 years as a manager. Robin hasn't done that.

And you have already gone from not guaranteed to mostly partially guaranteed in one post. It's not important that you know, but I am quite sure the vast majority of managers' contracts are fully guaranteed.

Edited by Dick Allen

All the Gardy lovers would be complaining about him if the Sox trotted out the same players. It is funny KW and RV get ripped for supposedly not using sabermetrics. Gardy and another Soxtalk favorite, Dombrowski, aren't very well known for using them either. In fact, there is actual proof they really don't use it, while the White Sox supposedly lack of use is based off of a guess, and not reality.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
They guy has averaged 95.75 losses his last 4 years as a manager. Robin hasn't done that.

And you have already gone from not guaranteed to mostly partially guaranteed in one post. It's not important that you know, but I am quite sure the vast majority of managers' contracts are fully guaranteed.

And he averaged 72.88 in his first 9 seasons. Man, twisting stats to benefit your argument is fun.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
They sent the manger away.

They lacked one then too. He was better early in his career.

Really haven't had a good one since Torborg.

Don't want the fossil from the Twins either. Modern thinking, please.

Edited by GreenSox