September Call-Up Predictions

BigEdWalsh

The Johnsons, Leury, Carroll, Webb off the DL, Brantly probably over Smith as a third catcher.

I mentioned this before , but maybe they bring Brad Penny in as a nod....maybe he can give some knowledge...I know Rodon liked being around him.

The full season teams end on September 7th. I kinda hope they wait until then. Baseball needs to address the roster rules for the last month of the season. They're completely antiquated in the 2nd wildcard era.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)
Probably a few minor league vets like Leury Garcia, Carroll, Brantley. They are all on the 40 Man, as are Junior Guerro and Montas. Not exactly a boatload of young, major league-ready prospects.

Barons currently have dropped out of the Southern League playoff spot they were holding so i could see Montas coming up and making a bullpen appearance or two.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 04:35 AM)
Erik Johnson, Micah Johnson, Davidson are my specific 3. I wana see some MLB ABs from Davidson. Let's evaluate some guys in a lost season. Take advantage of these ABs

The fascination with Davidson is bizarre. He would get murdered at the major league level.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
The fascination with Davidson is bizarre. He would get murdered at the major league level.

Seriously. No reason to call him up. Getting Saladino mlb at bats is much more important since he can actually be apart of the future, even if on the bench.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 30, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
I think it'll be Matt Davidson, Micah Johnson, Leury Garcia, Rob Brantly, Erik Johnson, Frankie Montas, Zack Phillips, and Scott Carroll. I'm wondering if the Sox move anyone before Tuesday. (Soto, Beckham, Albers)

Agree with all except Davidson. Dude's terrible.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 03:57 AM)
i wouldn't be surprise to see him up.

just to see if he can handle big league pitching.

then again, he is suppose to get his swing redone. so maybe not. :D

For two years he hasn't handled AAA pitching very well. I don't think we need to see if he can handle mlb pitching. I would be very surprised to see him called up and very disappointed as there are players who actually deserve a call up.