Robertson Claimed by Yankees, pulled back by WS

Dunt

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 08:25 AM)
Don't think it's surprising in the least bit. And unless they put together a killer package no way we let him go. Not much to see here unless we hear sox are open to neogtiaions.

Surprising because we've heard absolutely nothing regarding us placing anybody on waivers, and with a few hours to go, we hear something.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 08:34 AM)
Just a wild guess on my part but this sounds like the Yanks put in the claim to make sure Toronto could not have a shot at Robertson.

Maybe but the Yankees were pretty active in trying to add a reliever add the non-waiver deadline and apparently made a decent offer for Kimbrel. They wanted to add another really good reliever to Betances and Miller to try to make games in the playoffs 6 innings since their rotation is nothing special.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 08:44 AM)
Maybe but the Yankees were pretty active in trying to add a reliever add the non-waiver deadline and apparently made a decent offer for Kimbrel. They wanted to add another really good reliever to Betances and Miller to try to make games in the playoffs 6 innings since their rotation is nothing special.

Good point. They want a 3-headed monster like Kansas City's.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 08:44 AM)

Good points. Sox are by no means desperate to move Robertson so I am curious to the level of interest the Yanks have.

It's probably nothing but at least it's something different to talk about, if only for a matter of hours.

Sox need C, 3B, OF prospects. Don't need MI prospects

A MI prospect who can actually his is like gold. You can always move him to 3B or a corner OF, or bump one of your other MI prospects to one of those spots if the new guy is better defensively.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
I guess I am the only one who would actually think about letting the Yankees take on Robertson's contract without asking for anything in return? (Like when the Sox claimed Rios)

Yeah Robertson is too good to do that. The White Sox also don't need the payroll flexibility. I'd consider it for a package of young players including Gary Sanchez though.

I guess I am the only one who would actually think about letting the Yankees take on Robertson's contract without asking for anything in return? (Like when the Sox claimed Rios)

Robertson is performing much, much better than Rios was when the Sox claimed him, plus the Sox are not nearly as strapped for cash as the Jays were. Not a real good comparison point.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)

I think you are. Despite Robertson's contract he has value. Papelbon netted Philly a AA pitching prospect and I would certainly think Robertson has more value than Papelbon who is older and more expensive.

Imo, there's no chance the Sox just give Robertson away for nothing.