Corey Zangari/Seba Zavala

oldsox

Geez, did anyone see this one coming? Their offensive numbers are virtual carbon copies of each other; Zangori is only 18, while Seba Zavala is 22.

If either one of these sluggers would have been a #1 draft pick, they would be at or near the top of (almost) everyone's prospect list. I know it is early in their careers, but they have the best pro starts of any of our prospects since Courtney Hawkins. Can't wait to see how they do next year.

It's exciting to finally see some hitters developing. Both Zangari and Zavala have been impressive in their own right. Zavala hitting as a catcher and Zangari hitting as an 18 year 1B fresh out of HS. I'm really looking forward to watching them develop in the years to come.

Nice thread oldsox! :)

Anyone know how Zavala's catching skills look? I googled him but came up empty.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
It's exciting to finally see some hitters developing. Both Zangari and Zavala have been impressive in their own right. Zavala hitting as a catcher and Zangari hitting as an 18 year 1B fresh out of HS. I'm really looking forward to watching them develop in the years to come.

Nice thread oldsox! :)

Anyone know how Zavala's catching skills look? I googled him but came up empty.

yeah this is an excellent thread and really nice info being shared.

Zangari and really throwing me...

here are rhetorical questions.

1. where was Zangari last yr.... meaning his development.

2. if he is doing this now, against this level of competition, can anyone not feel excited ... meaning the same excitement of a Rodon, Anderson etc....

3. any prediction of how more yrs of production would it take to really be talked about for the majors.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)

2. if he is doing this now, against this level of competition, can anyone not feel excited ... meaning the same excitement of a Rodon, Anderson etc....

3. any prediction of how more yrs of production would it take to really be talked about for the majors.

I dare not take a stab at predictions with recently drafted players. ;)

I'm trying not to look too far ahead and just watch them develop one level at a time. Both kids are certainly interesting to follow though. The killer Z's!

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)

Zangari was in high school. In May.