9/6 at KC Royals

flavum

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
I probably learn more about the White Sox watching the opposing broadcast. Hawk just isn't very educational.

I have the basic mlb.tv so whenever they are away I hear those announcers, they all have very informed opinions about the Sox and their own clubs and usually have detailed scouting reports about our players.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
I probably learn more about the White Sox watching the opposing broadcast. Hawk just isn't very educational.

different time, different era on announcers and color man who was the face of a baseball team.

they were legends in their time. notice i am mentioning time, these new guys goes to some sort of training .....

the era of a Dizzy Dean with no education doing the play by play or color man work. what these guys did was provide a games perspective from a person who has played the game and can give that little extra excitement.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
It reminds me of the Sox at the trade deadline.............do not get fooled again KW/Hahn.

he certainly had a terrible year but unless the Sox are prepared to walk thru the desert for a few years, stockpile some high draft picks and start over, not sure if you're going to have better options than Lexi next year. Doesn't seem Anderson is ready

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
he certainly had a terrible year but unless the Sox are prepared to walk thru the desert for a few years, stockpile some high draft picks and start over, not sure if you're going to have better options than Lexi next year. Doesn't seem Anderson is ready

Alexei is not a difference maker you win same amount with or without him next year.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)

I think he is at the point where he needs to be rested maybe one a week. I don't recall him getting many breaks in his career. He might have played more innings than most of the team.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
I think he is at the point where he needs to be rested maybe one a week. I don't recall him getting many breaks in his career. He might have played more innings than most of the team.

Alexei plays every day and he'll play every day until he falls completely apart. Just face up to it. If you're not ready for him to start 155+ games then you don't want him back.