9/6 Games

flavum

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
should the sox give him another tryout, maybe at dh??

Agreed. About time we see what we have in this Viciedo guy, showing some solid pop and a good hit tool, exactly what this team is lacking. I know he's been in the league for a few years but the dude is only 26 and was once a highly thought of prospect, time to see if we have something here.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
Agreed. About time we see what we have in this Viciedo guy, showing some solid pop and a good hit tool, exactly what this team is lacking. I know he's been in the league for a few years but the dude is only 26 and was once a highly thought of prospect, time to see if we have something here.

:lol:

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
should the sox give him another tryout, maybe at dh??

Just my humble opinion but heyell nah! :lol:

Us Sox fans could not wait for him to be gone and now we want to give him another shot? As far as I know Viciedo signed a minor league contract and is a FA after this season. Maybe the Sox look to offer another ML contract with a ST invite but that's as far as I'd go with him. There is no room for Viciedo on the Sox.

Much rather use Avi to platoon DH with LaRoche and give Trayce a shot at playing every day. Avi can be rotated into LF and RF for at bats as well.

Plus the Sox have Shuck so there really is no room for Viciedo. Thank goodness. :D

QUOTE (staxx @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 04:07 AM)
Dayan is the same player we had before. Dont get excited and theres not a reason he should play infront of other young players.

while you have a great point.

however there are several factors in play. overall salary restriction, he can really sign a team friendly contract, can he platoon with adam laroche, save some salary for a bigger deal and finally do the sox have that player who can play as a platoon at dh?