2016 Schedule

flavum

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 02:03 AM)
OK, this is, on paper, a reasonable schedule. If Robin is our manager, he better get this team ready to play in the spring training because this is very conducive to a good start.

I know our team can't seem to EVER hop above .500, but here's what should happen in April.

Mon, 4/4 at Athletics 9:05p MLB.TV - Win

Tue, 4/5 at Athletics 9:05p MLB.TV - Loss

Wed, 4/6 at Athletics 9:05p MLB.TV - Win

Thu, 4/7 at Athletics 2:35p MLB.TV - Loss (2-2 record)

Fri, 4/8 Indians TBD MLB.TV - Win

Sat, 4/9 Indians TBD MLB.TV - Win

Sun, 4/10 Indians TBD MLB.TV - Win (show some f***ing heard and sweep the Tribe; 5-2 overall record)

Mon, 4/11 at Twins TBD MLB.TV - WIn

Wed, 4/13 at Twins TBD MLB.TV - Loss

Thu, 4/14 at Twins TBD MLB.TV - Loss (Team is 6-4)

Fri, 4/15 at Rays TBD MLB.TV - Win

Sat, 4/16 at Rays TBD MLB.TV - Win

Sun, 4/17 at Rays TBD MLB.TV - Loss (Team is 8-5)!!!

8-5 would be a good start and not have guys like me freaking out.

It actually is a good schedule for a new, veteran manager. I tell u what ... seriously, if Robin goes 5-8 with this easy opening schedule he should be fired. I realize this is a TON of road games early, but s***, sweep that series at home and play decent ball on the road and go 8-5.

I think it depends who we have and who they have. With the Oakland Series, last year we swept them in 3 games in Oakland, I think I would be disappointed to tie this and would be looking to win the series 3-1 or even 4-0.

Last year we went 2-1 in the 1st home series against the Indians and I would expect us to do that again this year.

Last year we were swept in 4 at the Twins in the Opening Series. You have to hope for improvement and go 1-2 this year.

Last year we were swept in 3 at the Rays with Parent in charge. This year you have to hope for improvement and go 1-2.

So to summarise.

@Athletics - 3-1 (last year 3-0)

v Indians - 2-1 (last year 2-1)

@ Twins - 1-2 (last year 0-4)

@ Rays - 1-2 (last year 0-3)

That would give us a record of 7-6 which would be an improvement compared the equivalent last year of 5-8.

I don't think that realistically you can expect to turn round road series that you were swept in last year to wins. If we show some sort of improvement and pick up at least one of those games, then we are getting there.

If Robin was to go 5-8, then he would be on par with last year and we'd need to show improvement over the later games to pick up on last year.

If we are 6-7 or 7-6 after the opening 4 series, then I'm happy but based on last year, I wouldn't be overly disappointed in 5-8 either. Anything less than 5-8 and its not good.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
Game times came out today.

25 of the first 58 are day games.

Good luck with that.

Any idea how many day games there were in April & May last year? That seems like a ton and really, really sucks. I can't imagine the attendance is that much better for a weekday day game and the TV viewership has to totally suck.

Game times came out today.

25 of the first 58 are day games.

Good luck with that.

Wednesday 4/20 vs Angels at 1:10 is strange since it's not the last game of the series. The rest of the day games are Opening Day, Weekends, or getaway days. I can see wanting to have Saturday games during the day in April and May.